Brightest tint in MiniMags?

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried a variety of MiniMags, both 2AA and 3AA and none were similar, different tints.

I found out that the brightest tint is not pure white but has this light blue aspect to it.

Is that true, or an illusion?

Here is a shot, light blue on the left, pure white on the right.

mag_tint1.jpg

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
etc said:
I tried a variety of MiniMags, both 2AA and 3AA and none were similar, different tints.

I found out that the brightest tint is not pure white but has this light blue aspect to it.

You can't really make a good comparison. How do you know for instance that the one on the left has more output and that the perceived brighness is due to this and not to the tint? Or vice versa. Or maybe your eyes are more sensitive to the blue end of the spectrum. Or maybe it has to do with Jupiter aligning with Mars? Maybe it's caused by the Aurora Borealis...

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
etc said:

You can't really make a good comparison. How do you know for instance that the one on the left has more output and that the perceived brighness is due to this and not to the tint? Or vice versa. Or maybe your eyes are more sensitive to the blue end of the spectrum. Or maybe it has to do with Jupiter aligning with Mars? Maybe it's caused by the Aurora Borealis...

Seriously, picking at the small nuances like subtle tint and brightness differences can drive one crazy.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I cannot make any of these determinations. I carried the 'lite blue' for months, ever since they came out, and had gotten used to it. Now, having gotten a pure white, it doesn't seem as bright.

I think all of it is messing with my perception, I read about something and then expect to see it.

I doubt I can tell +/- 5-10 Lumens, let alone 1 lumen.