Anyone like electric bikes?

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, I admit I saw a post in Darell`s EV thread and it made me wan`t to start a bike thread. I had a Citybug from Sharper Image. It was a lot of fun! The small tires were given to flats but other than that it was super dependable. It would do about 12~13 mph with my 210 body on it...and go up some inclines surprisingly well. It came with 2 12 volt 12 amp batts and really did not go that far (8~10 miles). I bought another battery bag and 2 more identical batts and wired it all together (same 24 volts...just doubled the range). I put a lot of miles on it...even had to replace all the batts after about two years. A few months later I had to replace the drive belt and front drive gear. They did not have the original one and sent me one with a few more teeth. After that it did about 2 mph more...and didn`t seem to afect it`s hill climbing (keep in mind I live in Tampa...my concept of a hill might not be the same as yours). Then a few weeks later it was stolen. I keep my eye out on the electric scooter/bike market...I will buy one again...just want them to get a little faster...maybe 45~50.

Here is one place that has a few electric bikes www.egadgets.com click on catologe button and enter bike in the search spacee if you interested.

Ken

mekki

Newly Enlightened
I'm afraid I've been bitten by that bug as well. I have three e-scooters: A Xootr eX3 (the Porsche in my stable), a GoPed Stealth (more like a nice family sedan) and the Pacelite 707 (the SUV). She's real pretty, so I'll throw in a pic:

lilone.jpg

I also have Mercedes Hybrid electirc bike and my girlfriend rides a Merida PowerCycle (shameless plug: I also sell these bikes at my website).

If you're looking for a faster machine, you may want to check out the Zappy Group. There's a guy who has built a 70+ mph scooter and tons more projects that are a little more tame.

You can also see a round-up of the current crop of street legal electric mopeds at Noel's EV Finder website. Nothing that meets your speed requirements, but still some pretty nice machines.

Good luck in your search, and let me know if you need any help deciding on your next ride (sorry about you CityBug getting stolen)
frown.gif

EDIT: Just found this Modified 36 Volt Citybug for sale. $200+shipping. Seems like a pretty good deal!