Messing with a Trit vial

chimo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I finally started playing with the Trit vials I purchased from B@rt.

I wanted to add some Trit to my Cree'd MiniFLuPIC. I decided to go the external route. I used some scrap optical plastic (likely pulled from an old VCR). It drilled pretty easily and was very clear, so I figured it would do the trick.

I used a mini-torch to reflow the plastic to take off the sanding/trimming haze, but I applied a little too much heat in a spot or two and formed some bubbles. I used some clear silicone adhesive to plug the bottom.

The vial functions well. Here are a few shots.

Trit size (for scale purposes)

With MiniFLuPIC Cree on a 10280 body. (Varied exposures - attenuated flash with long exposure.)

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Now that is cool! I might borrow your idea for something similar, the only difference is I'm using a 18mm sphere (Courtesy of B@rt).... :naughty:

greenLED

Flashaholic
Very cool, Chimo. I have a bunch of vials that I got from B@rt and hadn't figured out what to do with them. After seeing your build, this is what I came up with in the trit mini-vial department:

I still have to take a decent pic of them in full light for you guys to see how I'm making them.

chimo

Flashlight Enthusiast
greenLED said:
I still have to take a decent pic of them in full light for you guys to see how I'm making them.

Yes, Migs, you do! Great job! Looking forward to the pics.

I made a third one and "cleaned up" the first one.

They are nice and tiny - about 12mm / 1/2" long so they can attach to things non-obtrusively. Cheers,

Paul