Whoo Hoo! Just got my first Surefire, a nice little E1L.

Juicespeare1

Newly Enlightened
I've been lusting after one of these for months.

I originally got one of the new style Sportsman's Warehouse 6V 3watt lights.

This Surefire E1L is almost as bright and only uses one CR123A battery.

:grin2:Whoo Hoo!:grin2:

blake711

Newly Enlightened
Ah yes the first surefire Purchase. It ranks as one of the best firsts in your life if you are flashoholic for sure. First kiss, First filet mignon, first you know what, first Surefire.

Campdavid

Newly Enlightened
You can also mod a beamshaper from a readily available Mini Mag Accessory kit. It comes with several lenses inlcuding one that is clear. "Frost" the clear lens with some steel wool and epoxy it into the rubber "sleeve" and viola' beamshaper (works great on my E2L and protects the bezel to boot!).

M I K

Enlightened
The fiscally dysfunctional State of Kommiefornia
Campdavid said:
You can also mod a beamshaper from a readily available Mini Mag Accessory kit. It comes with several lenses inlcuding one that is clear. "Frost" the clear lens with some steel wool and epoxy it into the rubber "sleeve" and viola' beamshaper (works great on my E2L and protects the bezel to boot!).

Be sure to frost the INSIDE surface of the lens. That way the outside surface is smooth and easier to keep clean.

fnmag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Juice, congratulations on a new great flashlight/torch. Tonight should provide a new world of discovery for you, enjoy. Next week I expect you to get a Surefire L4, and then a Surefire............ :broke:

BBL

Enlightened
Does your switch have the newer, white mechanism or the black one?

Juicespeare1

Newly Enlightened
BBL,

The switch has white plastic and silver inside.

Is this new and improved over the black ones?

BR
Juice

coppertrail

Enlightened
Congratulations! I know the feeling. I received my first SF light last week, an L4. Wow is it amazing! Now I understand the "Surefire" thing. I'll be ordering some accessories (Filters, SC3, belt holster) very soon :)

Next on the list, one of the 3 SureFire Cree models :thumbsup:

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want to wait till I can get one of the Cree E1Ls'. I'm hoping that it will go into 2 cell mode on a batterystation 900mah 3.6v RCR123. 45 lumens through a nice optic FTW!

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
My modded Seoul-based E1L should be arriving later this week. When I get back in town at the end of the week I'll have to find a few minutes to try out this little playtoy.

Stock it is a cool little light, isn't it? I agree wholeheartedly on purchasing a F04 beamshaper. I like to use my E1L as a quasi-headlight, clipped to the brim of a cap.

Enjoy it! Congrats.

paulr

Flashaholic
E1L is a sweet little light. A real beamshaper has some kind of holographic optic that spreads the light around without obstructing it, from what I understand. A normal diffuser, like what you get by scuffing up a Mag lens, smooths out the beam ok but also loses quite a bit of light.

Xygen

Enlightened
@paulr: Can you please name a real beamshaper that fits the SF-lights? So the F04 is just a diffuser, right?

Last edited: