High hopes for Cree and UKE

TIP AND RING

Enlightened
I am excited about SureFire and the new Cree lights, and will certainly be poorer for it. I am also extemely interested what Underwater Kinetics and Pelican can produce in the plastic bodied lights that they produce. The lower operating temperatures of the Cree and the makers somewhat deep reflectors should make a winning combination . Both make such durable, affordable work lights in my opinion.

LightHearted

Enlightened
Yeah, me too. Most of my favorite lights are plastic. I prefer the feel of a plastic light in the hand especially in cold weather. And they are MUCH nicer to hold in your mouth compared to metal. If there is a cree based lamp assembly that will work in the UK 2L form factor just like the eLED does now, I'll be VERY HAPPY. It is the smallest 2x123A light I have ever seen. Put a Cree in there and life will be good.

Please UK. Are you reading this???

:popcorn:

Ken

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another "plastic" lover, here. Yes, Cree's better efficiency should help it get into more non-metallic lights. UKE, Princeton Tec and Pelican all have impressive build quality and StreamLight is OK too.

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like a 2aaa Cree UK and SL4 UK light!

I think the side by side AAA light would be a great light with Cree. The side by side AAA fits nicely in the pocket (better than AA lights) and doubles the runtime of an AAA light.

For a big light, I have always liked the SL4 4 c cell light. I would by one if they came out with a Cree version.

So - my lights that I woulod have to buy with a Cree LED are in no particular order - Jetbeam aaa, Jetbeam AA, UK 2AAA, and UK SL4 4 C cell.

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
TIP AND RING said:
I am also extemely interested what Underwater Kinetics and Pelican can produce in the plastic bodied lights that they produce. The lower operating temperatures of the Cree and the makers somewhat deep reflectors should make a winning combination.

Love all of the safety rated plastic lights, whether by UK, Streamlight, Pelican, or Brightstar. (PT also makes some great plastic lights.)

Like the look of these lights: tough, no frills, all business. These lights seem to sneer at the wimpy crenelated bezels and fancy anodizing of lesser lights.

Like the confident feeling I get from tucking one of these lights into my back pocket, knowing it'll work no matter what the environmental conditions.

I'd love to see UK fit their 4AA eLED Zoom with a Cree emitter. High level should be around 80 lumens for 4 hours of runtime. Low level output should be kept as is, which would double the runtime to over 20 hours!

I'd love to see Streamlight put Crees in the SL PP 4AA and 3C, thus doubling the runtimes of these excellent lights.

zurg

Newly Enlightened
LightHearted said:
Yeah, me too. Most of my favorite lights are plastic. I prefer the feel of a plastic light in the hand especially in cold weather. And they are MUCH nicer to hold in your mouth compared to metal. If there is a cree based lamp assembly that will work in the UK 2L form factor just like the eLED does now, I'll be VERY HAPPY. It is the smallest 2x123A light I have ever seen. Put a Cree in there and life will be good.

Please UK. Are you reading this???

:popcorn:

Ken
+2