1000 lumen LED Flashlight!!

nightstalker101

Enlightened
Opps, I didn't realize there was already a thread on this. Also the magazine article says "The first LED falshlight for consumers to reach 1,000 lumens -- and $1,000 -- shines brighter than your low beams and lets you see 600 feet. The trick is keeping it cool, so engineers designed the head's case to work as a heat sink. MF1000 $1,000; foxfury.com"

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Foxfury was posting here when their lights came out and their lights are interesting.
I asked why their site showed pictures of people wearing the lights and not what the lights could illuminate. They promised to fix that Real Soon Now. That was a couple years ago at least, their site has changed a lot but they still just show pictures of lights. I'd be a bit suspect of 1000 lumens and for the price you could make a CPF'er *very* happy and have some change left over.

FoxFury

Newly Enlightened

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
FoxFury said:
Hi Mike

I just wanted to let you know that beam shots were posted a few months ago. I announced it in this forum: http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136742&highlight=foxfury

There are no MF 1000 beamshots as of yet. The link is:

http://foxfury.com/see_the_difference.html#beam_shots

This link is also accessible via the home page--the link is on the right side.

I hope you find these beam shots helpful.

Great. I've often thought a "standard" car at fixed distances is an excellent way to establish comparisons and I think you prove the point.

FRANKVZ

Enlightened
Look at the runtime from their specs: Battery

Size / Type = 15 CR123 (Batteries Included)
Battery Life = 1 to 3 hours (varies by mode

It would cost a small fortune to run at full power