The Heavy Duty Cafe

2dogs

Enlightened
I joined this forum a few months ago for the obvious reason, flashlights. I know of course that I don't have to be here or read any post. None the less I feel The Cafe, lately, has gotten a bit heavy even for me. I have even been one of the problems here as I don't like to back down from a fight. So, maybe we should just volunteer to leave some things unsaid here. How about leaving politics off this forum? I would hate to finally meet some of you while I harbored some grudge due to a post. Maybe the problem is me. If so I am sorry for wasting your time having you read this.

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast
No need to apologize 2dogs,

Its just that the world is not a very happy place right now and people are just using the Cafe to vent. I for one, enjoy reading the exchange of views even though I may not share them [some of them have left me depressed or angry]. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. After all, diversity make the world an interesting place and I'm sure that most members of this forum will take anything "said" in the proper context. I don't think that it would hurt anyone to be a little more constructive, in the future. Choose your battles wisely.

Dan

Darell

Flashaholic
We actually had an official vote on this very subject (do we keep politics off the CPF). It was decided that politics DOES have a place here in the CAFE. You can freely choose to completely ignore the CAFE and focus only on lights. Or, if you're feeling spunky - you can drop by. The same rules apply across the board though. The CAFE is NOT a free-for-all. But we would like to continue using it as a place to discuss important, often emotional topics. By treating each other with respect, we can learn much.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

just gotta try not to post when emotional.. if I wait, I ALWAYS calm down and become more rational, and able to think and write more clearly... (yes hard to believe I can be less rational than this, I know
tongue.gif
)

Monsters_Inc

Banned
2dogs - visit other forums. Read up on all the available opinions of various people and you'll soon discover it's a waste of emotional energy invested in harbouring grudges or having to have the final say in a topic that you feel strongly about.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello 2dogs,

I want to thank you for your post. It proved to be the catalyst for a family discussion of current events. My 15 year old now has a little better perspective of what is going on in the world.

I would also like to thank Darell and the other moderators of this forum, for the great job of trying to keep things under control. It must be kind of like "Herding Cats."

Tom

2dogs

Enlightened
SF thanks for the vote. I agree Darell and the others do a great job and deserve our thanks and our respect.
Darell has stated The Cafe is not a free-for-all and I do hope we all respect that. Of course the entire forum is privately and the owner has made his will known. We posters must agree to keep to the (unwritten) rules.