Ultrafire CREE C1 3W

aljsk8

Enlightened
cool - im in for one

why doesnt some rich cpf member buy them all im sure at $40 each they will all sell quick

im the stainless steel freek!

LowTEC

Enlightened
easilyled said:
It looks really nice.

I think they need to lower the price though as JanCPF just observed. :whistle:

ahh... 50 pcs for $2k is not that expensive for a stainless stell flashlight, although it is an Ultrafire.

Let's see some lumens and runtime first.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll have them in stock in about 10 days. :)

Available data suggests they're running at a full 700+ma so output should be ~150L. Actual TBD.

Last edited:

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder what the runtime curve for similiar UltraFire 1XCR123 lights looks like compared to a Fenix P1. Fenix tends to use pretty efficient and well designed drivers.

x2x3x2

Banned
Are there like multiple modes like the Fenix D series or just look like the P1D with single stage?

evh

Newly Enlightened
Looks like these have the textured reflectors. That in itself is bound to make some people happy.

copiertech

Newly Enlightened
anyone got any more info on these? they look relly nice. theyre on some chinese websites but they dont translate well.

tesseract

Newly Enlightened
MattK, when do you think you'll be getting these?

Is anyone planning to do a review?

Windscale

Enlightened
This is a copy of a message I posted on another thread:

Re: Sure, Surefire is going Cree... but when?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What shall I do with my old 6P fitted with KL3? I was in Hong Kong and bought 2 Cree lights made by UltraFire in China, one running on 1x18650 (also takes 2x(3.7v)123A rechargeables) and the other running on 2x18650. In fact both are the same light just that the tube on one is longer. These are both very well finished. Perhaps just marginally below the standard of finish of the 6P. But when it came to performance. Yes, you have got it. I need say no more. The Crees are whiter and brighter. The 6P can only take 17670 as the tube is not wide enough. Also, 18650s are 2400mah but 17670 only 1800mah. I can see that soon many Luxeon lights will have to find new homes or enjoy a long hibernation! The 6P has been with me for over 10 years since its incand days.

I also bought another light with a 3W LED (also running on 1x18650) which has got "Seoul LED" printed on the LED. This also out-performed the Luxeon and about equalled the Cree.

Unless SF took some drastic actions soon, the market will move away from them.

I forgot to mention. All 3 lights together cost less than the KL3 attachment alone!

tesseract

Newly Enlightened
Windscale said:
This is a copy of a message I posted on another thread:

Re: Sure, Surefire is going Cree... but when?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What shall I do with my old 6P fitted with KL3? I was in Hong Kong and bought 2 Cree lights made by UltraFire in China, one running on 1x18650 (also takes 2x(3.7v)123A rechargeables) and the other running on 2x18650. In fact both are the same light just that the tube on one is longer. These are both very well finished. Perhaps just marginally below the standard of finish of the 6P. But when it came to performance. Yes, you have got it. I need say no more. The Crees are whiter and brighter. The 6P can only take 17670 as the tube is not wide enough. Also, 18650s are 2400mah but 17670 only 1800mah. I can see that soon many Luxeon lights will have to find new homes or enjoy a long hibernation! The 6P has been with me for over 10 years since its incand days.

I also bought another light with a 3W LED (also running on 1x18650) which has got "Seoul LED" printed on the LED. This also out-performed the Luxeon and about equalled the Cree.

Unless SF took some drastic actions soon, the market will move away from them.

I forgot to mention. All 3 lights together cost less than the KL3 attachment alone!

That sounds like a different Ultrafire; the C1 takes a single 123.