THANKS "CANDLEPOWER FORUMS" MEMBERS!

Showolf

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys... About a month or so ago I had made a post here in search of the perfect flashlight to accompany me while I do patrol tours of a local refinery. I work security "Night shift", and I needed something with good beam & brightness. After I read the replies, I wanted a (HUNTLIGHT) but I just couldn't afford the $40+ dollars with the bills hitting me right & left. Here's my true story....

Yesterday I was out at a local mini mall with my wife, and I decided to check out a small gun/knife store that was having a "Going out of business" sale. I walk in and saw nothing of interest until right when I was leaving and the store owner said "Have a nice day"... I looked over at him saying "You too", but my eyes fixed behind him on the wall where he had one flashlight hanging. I recognized the "Streamlight" name on the package, and went over for a close-up. It happened to be a black STREAMLIGHT PROPOLYMER 3C! I immediately remembered that at least 5 members here had recommended a 4AA model of this light in that post I was talking about. Price tag was an instant green flag at $19.99, and I actually had enough money on me to grab it! I thought to myself "All those guys on Candlepower Forums can't be wrong, they've got to know what they are talking about". I acted merely on trust, and bought it. Boy am I sure glad I did............

Midnight comes, and there I am at work roving in the patrol truck... I hadn't time to play with my new light & had just placed it in my bag quickly along with some batteries I had at home before leaving for work. We always have two rovers on the night shift as a security measure. I am rover one...... Around 2am I hear over the radio that there was an automatic gate malfunction in the plant. Rover two got the call and was posted at the gate until someone could come in and repair it. Now I am the sole rover... "Sucks to be him I thought to myself", unaware that in a little while I would find out how much it would REALLY suck to be me. At approx 3:30am I get a call from the command center notifying me that there was a back motion sensor triggered at AREA 51, and for me to go check it out. I could not believe it...They call it area 51 because it is a huge warehouse that is 1.5 miles down a lonely stretch of road in nowhere land! Unbelievable for this to happen when we're down one rover I thought as I pulled over & got the batteries in my flashlight as quick as I could. I was now headed for the one place nobody wants to go in the daytime nevermind darkness! I get to the entrance gate which is locked, open it, take a deep breath, and head towards the warehouse. Not even 1/4 of the way down the road, I hear a real loud bang and the streetlights are out! You have to be kidding me!!!! I found out after the fact that a transformer blew nearby causing a temporary blackout. Anyways... I make it to the front of the warehouse, and hit the high beams to illuminate the front door. I see nothing out of the ordinary, and the padlock is still on it. I radio the command center that I am going inside for a look. This warehouse houses millions of dollars worth of equipment, so they are very concerned when the alarm goes off naturally. I unlock the front door, and now it's time to see just how much my "Candlepower Forums" buddies know their stuff. I hit click button and BAM! This sucker shoots a solid beam of breathtaking white light all the way clear across the warehouse to it's back wall! I was so in awe of it's beautiful beam that I totally forgot for a split second where I was, what I was supposed to be checking, and that I should also be breathing still...LOL! I finally regroup myself, and begin to track down exactly why the motion sensor was set off. A few minutes goes by, and I hear a faint cry from underneath some pallets nearby. Apon further inspection I found a baby kitten that had either been abandoned by it's mother, or somehow got seperated from it's litter! All this for you I thought!! I was actually relieved, and ended up bringing the baby kitten home to my wife who loves cats!

Thanks to the "Candlepower Forums" members who surely do ( KNOW THEIR STUFF! ) :grin2:

Last edited:

DoubleDutch

Enlightened
The Netherlands - one foot below sea level
Very good story, and congrats on your purchase!
buttrock.gif

This is what we all do it for, isn't it?!
lolsign.gif

Kees

Showolf

Newly Enlightened
Funny you asked... I actually named the kitten "Poly"...LOL! Propoly seemed too long, so POLY was perfect. My wife likes the name too...... :laughing:

DM51

Flashaholic
That is an excellent story!

Looks like we have a major population explosion of cats on our hands here on CPF – two new additions in less than a week. Raggie got one too – but he hasn't named his yet.

No doubt people here will give you plenty of tips on how to look after Poly. Not 100% sure about Norm's advice in raggie's thread about how to clean a cat, though.

Anyway, keep us posted on Poly, and welcome to CPF!

fnmag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Showolf, welcome to CPF and thankyou for recounting your story. It made for good reading. I suspect you will remember that first beamshot for quite some time. Cheers.

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great story. I've recommended the 4AA and 3C ProPoly numerous times but yet I dont even own one of them :shrug: Glad you like the light.

FrogsInWinter

Enlightened
Great story Showolf, and welcome to CPF
wink2.gif
! Going by the details in your story I'm guessing you bought the Streamlight Propolymer 3C Luxeon? If you have some spare cash don't hesitate to ask for more advice on picking out lights.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
What a great story! I'm glad to see that it turned out to be a harmless kitten. Good for you for giving it a good home.

Oh yeah, and nice choice on the flashlight!