Here's what to do w/ your PayPal promo.

Any Cal.

Enlightened
Just wanted to say, I believe that orders made from Fenixstore qualify for the PayPal promo. No better way to buy batteries. At least I hope so, 'cause I have a bunch coming.:grin2:

Or split up the order w/ budding flashaholic friends and you both come out.:)

jayhackett03

Enlightened
best place to buy the lithium ion rechargeables? or 123's? i though batterystation was the best place for 123's.

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
i bought $30 worth of 123's for my family and me from Amondotech. I have my fingers crossed as to the rebate.

Any Cal.

Enlightened
I am not into lith-ions yet, so I stay w/ primaries. However, it is worth a little extra to me to get the brand name ones. If you are buying a whole lot of batteries, it may be worth it to get batt. station and pay shipping. For less than 20 or so, I think you would come out ahead buying them from fenixstore and getting free shipping, and you get some of the best, longest running batteries to boot. I only have 3 123 lights right now, so 10 batts lasts me for several months. I ended up w/ 17 batts for 1.81 each shipped. That is fine by me for high quality batteries.

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm using it to step into the 20th century, and just bought an MP3 player. Sandisk Sansa E140.

analogguy

Enlightened
I just tried the link. I got a message saying that I wasn't eligible since I wasn't responding to an invitation from Paypal.

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
alreadyentered481x153ak8.png

I guess I'm lucky! I never got the e-mail.

Streamer

Enlightened
If you read the registration page it states you must have received an invitation through paypal OR simply register. I registered and it thanked me and instructed me to make a 30 buck purchase to receive the 15 buck rebate, so now I guess I need to purchase 30 bucks before Mar 28. Oh, for grins I re-registered and it recognized that I had already registered with a screen prompt.

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are only eligible for this offer if you receive this offer in an email sent to you directly from PayPal or if you registered for this offer between 2/8/07 and 2/15/07 2pm EST.

Streamer

Enlightened
mudman cj said:
Well, I tried to register with both of my paypal accounts, and one of them was deemed unworthy. Maybe this is one per customer or maybe it has to do with how long the account has been active or what type of account it is.
That may very well be, as I remember updating my PayPal account to "merchant status" once upon a time. Guess I'll find out on my next 30 dollar purchase whether or not the rebate worked for me or not. I'm kinda skeptical of "Rebates" as I've been left holding the bag once or twice before. Gonna make the purchase anyway, so what have I got to lose?

Last edited:

gchand

Newly Enlightened
There are several things that concern me about this offer:
(1) the offer originates not from a paypal.com address but rather from
the site promotionexpert.com, whose very name sounds suspiciously
spam related.
(2) There are no specific details provided so far as how and when the
rebate is to be given.
(3) There is no mention (that I saw) of this offer on the main PayPal site.

Perhaps the offer is legit - only time will tell. If the "offer" is in reality a
phishing scheme, the only obvious thing harvested is your PayPal E-Mail
address, although who knows what else was harvested from your computer
in the background.

I first heard of this on the Deal Catcher website, and they in the past have
seemed to be on the up and up. Let's hope that they verified that this
offer is legitimate.

George