WiseLED Stealth vs. my SF L2

Aldiggi

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone!! I am brandnew here. I am in the market for a new LED but there are so many to choose from. Currently I use a SF L2 as my primary light and my SF 6P with the P61 bulb as my back up. I came across the WiseLED Stealth while browsing the web and I am trying to find a review of this flashlight. I did do a search on this website but nothing came up for the STealth model just the Tactical. If there is anything else you experts can recommend I would greatly appreciate it. The 1 thing I have to point out that I love about the L2 is its flood affect but I wish it had more throw. I am an LEO that works the night shift so my flashlight is my most used piece of equipment.

Stella_Polaris

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I have the Wiseled Tactical, and I would go for that one, if I were you, or the Stealth or the Street. There is a BAD review on the Tactical and a much better one. The bad one was so due to a defective light, but please read THIS review and look at the "trees' shots" at the page bottom! AWSOME light! Go for it, you won't be disappointed, I promise you!

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/printthread.php?t=135633&page=1&pp=30

You simply will NOT find any better light in the world for the time being. Period.

With kind regards,

Bo.

Aldiggi

Newly Enlightened
Thanks so much. I really have my heart set on the Stealth. I am more into the compact lights so that is why the tactical is out of the question. After reading the review on the tactical and seeing how powerful the light is really amazed me. I just wish I can see a beam comparison or an overall review on the Stealth. I am really close to just going online and purchasing it from tactical supply....lol

Stella_Polaris

Newly Enlightened
OR you could go for the Fenix L2D CE which is even more handy in size than the Stealth, plus has a 135 lumens output. Would be MUCH cheaper, too.

My next buy will be the L2D CE

Check it out on www.fenix-store.com

With kind regards,

Bo.

Aldiggi

Newly Enlightened
GeorgePaul said:
Another alternative is a Cree upgrade for your 6P. This would be very cost-effective.

I will look into this. Thanks for the idea.

Aldiggi

Newly Enlightened
Are these Cree LED's really that good. Great price to for the upgrade. Thanks for the link. Another reason why the Stealth caught my eye is because it is rechargeable. The CR123 are expensive.

Aldiggi

Newly Enlightened
Stella_Polaris said:
OR you could go for the Fenix L2D CE which is even more handy in size than the Stealth, plus has a 135 lumens output. Would be MUCH cheaper, too.

My next buy will be the L2D CE

Check it out on www.fenix-store.com

With kind regards,

Bo.

Thank you Bo. I see fenix mentioned a lot on this web site..

Stella_Polaris

Newly Enlightened
No problem! Glad to help!

And please note that the Fenix L2D CE has Cree Led, too, AND operates on to ordinary alkaline AA cells. But when I buy the L2D CE (I am going to soon, I think), I will also buy a battery charger and some rechargeable AA Ni-MH's so that I can save money and also maybe get some better run times. But the advertised 2½ hours on the high mode (135 lumens) is quite something!

Last edited:

GeorgePaul

Enlightened
Aldiggi said:
Are these Cree LED's really that good. Great price to for the upgrade. Thanks for the link. Another reason why the Stealth caught my eye is because it is rechargeable. The CR123 are expensive.
Yes, the Crees are wonderful. And it's causing a lot of excitement around here.

You can get primary CR123 batteries online for $1/ea. And you can get rechargeable versions -- RCR123A. You just have to be careful to make sure the particular rechargeable battery you get is compatible with your light.

Last edited:

Aldiggi

Newly Enlightened
GeorgePaul said:
Yes, the Crees are wonderful. And it's causing a lot of excitement around here.

You can get primary CR123 batteries online for $1/ea. And you can get rechargeable versions -- RCR123A. You just have to be careful to make sure the particular rechargeable battery you get is compatible with your light.

I also found this replacement bulb. I wonder if its the same?
http://www.pts-flashlights.com/products/product.aspx?pid=6283&kw=cree&st=4

Stella_Polaris

Newly Enlightened
"Hated" your Wiseled? Fair enough, but maybe Aldiggi would like to know WHAT you hated about it :) Please be more specific!