Question about p1d-ce o-rings

timcodes

Newly Enlightened
Hi there,

I'm confused on the p1d-ce o-rings. It seems that I see the pictures having 2 o-rings! How many does yours have? Both of mine (I have 2 p1d-ce) have only 1 o-ring.

Thank you, and sorry if this is a re-post.

Nereus

Enlightened
There are two o-rings in the P1D-CE. If you unscrew the head the other one is very visible. Now have a close look at the narrow gap where the head threads end and the head bezel starts. There is the second black o-ring, only partly visible. It is there because the led+converter unit is also screwed (is that a proper word in this context?) to the head bezel. It simply makes the flashlight head water tight.

BTW, you may get more answers (even with pics :) ) if you ask this in the Mod forum.

-N

Sarratt

Enlightened
Hmmm ... I only see the one obvious o ring that seems to have it's own grove to sit in.
Where the head threads end and the head bezel starts there is a thin bit of dark lube.
I think my light might have been a display model though.
Is it possible that the second o ring has dissolved?
Should I put my spare one on ?

Suddenly nervous

R...

Newly Enlightened
timcodes said:
Hi there,

I'm confused on the p1d-ce o-rings. It seems that I see the pictures having 2 o-rings! How many does yours have? Both of mine (I have 2 p1d-ce) have only 1 o-ring.

Thank you, and sorry if this is a re-post.

Where have you seen pictures with 2 o-rings?
I can see only 1 in my p1d-ce!

45ACP

Newly Enlightened
Here are some pics of the head off of my P1DCE. They are the best I could do with the macro on my camera phone. I pointed out the 1st o-ring and what seems to be the 2nd one.

Sarratt

Enlightened
Uh Oh ... those pics certainly do show two rings. Thanks for that.
With my light I thought it was just detrus, not a dissolved o-ring. It still works though.
The first ring (closest to the lens) appears thinner than the on further down. Is that right?
As a temporary measure I've just put a ring from an old light in that first position.

I think I had better contact my Fenix dealer to see if I can get one (or two).

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't worry about it. The second ring is not supposed to be for the bottom half of the case.

There are three main 'lumps' to the P1D. The bottom half of the case, the top half with the lens and reflector and the emitter/board/electronics bit. This bit is double threaded. It screws into the top half of the case with one o ring to seal, and into the bottom half of the case with the other. If you can't see the top o ring it just means that on your particular light the emitter 'pill' has been screwed slightly further into the top part of the case.