Would the Elly rust if sanded down?

johnny13oi

Enlightened
Hey guys, would the Elly rust if it was sanded down and no protective spray or anything was sprayed on. I wanna try and see if a brushed aluminum would look better as there is already many scratches on it when it came and sanding it down would give a nice brushed aluminum look and hide the scratches. I wouldn't sand it down however if it would cause the whole thing to rust.

johnny13oi

Enlightened
Fenris said:
Aluminum doesn't "rust". It will get a thin layer of oxidation on it however.

I was just unsure if it was confirmed that the Elly was actually Aluminum because someone said that it might have been stainless steel because stainless steel can also not be magnetic.

Scattergun

Enlightened
And then stainless steel wouldn´t rust either would it.....but judging from weight I´d say it´s aluminium for sure.

johnny13oi

Enlightened
Scattergun said:
And then stainless steel wouldn´t rust either would it.....but judging from weight I´d say it´s aluminium for sure.

Oh sorry forgot what stainless steel meant .. haha. Pretty nice cheap light if its all aluminum. Unless almost every flashlight is made out of aluminum even the cheap chinese ones. New to this flashlight stuff.