Jetbeam

Groundhog66

Banned
I just received my first, it's a C-LE. My question is, which surface do you stick the donut to eliminate battery rattle? Or is there a better fix?

Newuser01

Enlightened
Donut is afixed to the head (the part that contact with positive side from groupbuy lights). Some found this it is better to attached to the inside of the tube.
This is to aid in turning on and off. Act as a makeshift springs in other lights.

Battery rattle is reduced by a small piece of paper wrapped around the battery. But really not necessary. I find it not bother some at all, only when I shake (should not) the light while holding it. You will never notice it rattle at all if you just stick it in you pocket or what ever!

I wouldn't worry about it.

Be fun.

T4R06

Enlightened
i didnt put mine since im using AW's 14500. no rattle at all even when you turn-off the light or shake it.

T4R06

Enlightened
i didnt do runtime test on 14500, i just did for 10mins on high but the light went warm near hot. i dont know what to say. just im afraid to continue that is why i turned it off.
mostly im using medium and low. i dont have any issues at all on medium even continous running @40mins (which i did yesterday)

i havent charge the battery till now.

oh man, in regards on brightness. its damn bright on 14500. totally brighter than my L1D (same setup w/ 14500) big hotspot and very bright spill

Last edited:

Newuser01

Enlightened
:awman::laughing:
There are a couple of folks that have blown the circuit on it with those cells.
I would think about it hard if I were you.

Look around and you will find them.

T4R06

Enlightened
i dont care if my C-LE will die using 14500 as long as im happy with it :)

as per specs it can take 4.2V
that is why im rarely using it on high. im all set with medium settings

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you put it over the lens for the covert mode. :naughty:

LiteBrite

Newly Enlightened
My CL-E came with the donut attached to the head but I could hear the battery turning inside. I moved it to the bottom of the tube and it works great.