Flashlight company that you root for the most

cchurchi

Enlightened
I really love my Wolf Eyes lights but the company I root for the most is Lite Flux. I really enjoy the lights and accessories that I have ordered so far and I think they are coming up with some neat innovations. It makes me check up on their web site to see what's new every couple of weeks.

I think Surefire is great and I definately admire their company and their products, but I wouldn't say I root for them or pay close attention to their new products.

So, what companies do you root for and why?

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
umm COAST? are they a flashlight company? i donno, but all thier stuff comes APART, easily, and they are doing stuff that others SHOULD have done 3 years ago.
FOCUSing. Normal clickees, heat synced.
oh and they cheap as heck, ok ok that was my ONLY consideration, but i can justify the rest.

Last edited:

Atomic_Chicken

Enlightened
Greetings!

Inova. I hope someday their marketing department will get a clue. I love their lights, but they sure do stupid things with their product naming and website!

Best wishes,
Bawko

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peak LED Solutions. They produce beautifully built lights. They're compact, bright, rugged, and have innovative accessories. Their brass and stainless lights are like jewels.

However, I think they fail somewhat in the marketing department. They are in the process of (slowly) updating their website, and I'm hoping it is much more informative and is updated more often than the old one.

EDIT: Atomic_Chicken hadn't posted yet when I began posting about Peak's marketing. Perhaps this runs common among US flashlight companies...

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arc & HDS/Novatac.

Love their products, love owning their products, love using them.

Would love to see Arc release a "full spread" of lights again (like they did in the old days) AAA, AA & CR123...the complete EDC outfit.
smile.gif

As for HDS/Novatac, I'm drooling over the prospect of snagging a U120 in a few months

CFU

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like to root for up-and-comers because monopolies rule without the entrepreneurial spirit to challenge it. New ideas and innovations force larger companies to rethink and redesign their products while the larger companies give the smaller ones something to challenge. I think a little competition helps the market advance.

MaxKnight

Newly Enlightened
At any point in time, the company that has the smallest form factor and brightest light on the market using primaries.

benighted

Enlightened
Coast makes a lot of stuff, mostly RV parts. I thought Coast lights weren't any good? Maybe I'll have to take another look since my dad is a COAST product retailer.

VidPro said:
umm COAST? are they a flashlight company? i donno, but all thier stuff comes APART, easily, and they are doing stuff that others SHOULD have done 3 years ago.
FOCUSing. Normal clickees, heat synced.
oh and they cheap as heck, ok ok that was my ONLY consideration, but i can justify the rest.

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
energizer and ever ready(how the heck do you spell it?) !

from young, i have been seeing this two( ok, they are essentially the same) used by many people in singapore.

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's fifty fifty between Harley Davidson and ElektroLumens for my next tattoo.:lolsign:

Last edited:

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
benighted said:
Coast makes a lot of stuff, mostly RV parts. I thought Coast lights weren't any good? Maybe I'll have to take another look since my dad is a COAST product retailer.

they aint any good :) but they are cheap, very modable, and they got one that does focus with a led. ahh to me everything is a battery tube , with a few springs :) the real fun starts with what you can turn it into.

Culhain

Enlightened
My work lights are SureFire, so I have to root for them, as they make my life easier.

My home and free time lights are Inovas and I wish that their CEO would hire a web designer and some marketing talent. Doesn't the saying "do not hide your light under a basket" come from the bible? IMHO they are wise words worth following.

iamerror

Enlightened
I am looking forward to what HDS, I guess Novatac now, comes up with in the future. But really, I am looking forward to what many companies will be coming out with, Surefire, Fenix, and others. I'm pretty content with what I have now and have not had any recent purchases. Eventually, though, I will probably buy some of these newer lights such as the ones with Cree LEDs and so forth.