Which is brighter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

**DONOTDELETE**

ARC LE vs. ARC EV Tur.

I currently owned an LE and am very satisfied with it. Other than for the sake of collection, is it worth while to get the EV? Does it cast a brighter/wider beam?

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1:
ARC LE vs. ARC EV Tur.

I currently owned an LE and am very satisfied with it. Other than for the sake of collection, is it worth while to get the EV? Does it cast a brighter/wider beam?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Absolutely yes...

And definitely yes!

smile.gif

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello 1. I agree with Carpe Diem but would like to add to it. The EV also has blotchs and rings and colors look odd. After your post I went outside for some testing and it's hard to choose between the two.
On a side note, I put a EV, LE and a SE all together. WHAT A BEAM!!! Guess I have to get the Inova 5X.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by phred:
Hello 1. I agree with Carpe Diem but would like to add to it. The EV also has blotchs and rings and colors look odd. After your post I went outside for some testing and it's hard to choose between the two.
On a side note, I put a EV, LE and a SE all together. WHAT A BEAM!!! Guess I have to get the Inova 5X.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Phred:
Thanks for your comments. Are you saying that if it is only brightness that I'm after, I would not get much satifaction from EV after having owned an LE. Is it true the EV is built and designed for rugged/tough use?

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1:
Hi Phred:
Thanks for your comments. Are you saying that if it is only brightness that I'm after, I would not get much satifaction from EV after having owned an LE. Is it true the EV is built and designed for rugged/tough use?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

IMO, the standard white and/or LE is the best all-around light of the AAA bunch. The EV is plenty bright, but I just really, really like the smooth, white beam of the white Arcs. The colored ones are always blotchy, and of the many, many Arcs I own, the EV is the only colored one I own. I just wanted to have THE brightest colored one, but I don't really use it. I can tell you with certainty that ALL of the current AAA lights are extrememly durable. I can't imagine what you'd have to do to one in order to stop it from functioning. Don't make me post my torture test link here....

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it true the EV is built and designed for rugged/tough use?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Oh yes. Tough as nails.
I also echo Darell. I like white light. If you like colored lights than the EV would be the way to go.

(aside) Hey Darell. I'm wearing my Arc belt holder at work. CPF & EV side by side. Works great and is comfortable.

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by phred:

(aside) Hey Darell. I'm wearing my Arc belt holder at work. CPF & EV side by side. Works great and is comfortable.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Dana -

I'm standing by. No sign of the package yet... I have plenty of goodies to fill both slots. No worries there!

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received my EV from TTS today. It's a great light & very bright, but it'll never take the place of the white ARC. Especially the CPF SE. But it is very much worth having. TX

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm. I didn't know we could use pure numbers for member names. That got me thinking. I wonder if we could use symbols? You know, like the singer formerly known as Prince.

Or how about mathematical equations? I would personally like to be known as exp(I*Pi) = -1.

In fact, I've been meaning to ask if the forum supports sounds. That way we could just record sounds, and when you put your mouse over where your member name is supposed to be, it plays a sound instead.

So do you think these are these good ideas? Or is it just too late at night for me to be posting?
grin.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lux Luthor:

So do you think these are these good ideas? Or is it just too late at night for me to be posting?
grin.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was actually going to guess "too far into the bottle," but if my only choice is "too late" I'll have to go with that.
smile.gif

- Darell (The member formerly known as Darell)

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
What ARC belt holder? I ain't seen no stinking ARC belt holder! Info PLEASE!
wink.gif

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
O.K. Roy. Here's the scoop. I was playing with some Kydex to make a car mounted gun holster when I saw this holder in a catalog. I thought "This will be easy to make as an Arc holder". Many hours later I was able to make some that I wasn't ashamed to be seen wearing. I've made five so far. I kept one and sent the others to some other folks on the board to see what they think of the holder. Darell was one. Ask him what he thinks of it.

Darell

Flashaholic
I've been meaning to take pictures of me wearing it, but I've quickly discovered that it is VERY difficult to take a close-up shot of your own pants (at the right spot, at least). Asking my wife to help is out of the question since she just begins to laugh hysterically at me. My other two choices for photographers are my dog and my 19-month-old daughter. While they're both more helpful than my wife, I still haven't come up with any shots that I can use.

But, in short, it is a GREAT design, and for a Kydex beginner, Dana has done himself proud with these little guys. I actually modified mine a bit to carry an ARC and a spare battery. Very easy to reconfigure for what you want..

*EDIT* - This holder is easy to adjust (holding tension) etc. So the exact diameter of the light (which has changed over the various versions) is not as big of an issue as the "tube" type Kydex holders. As I already mentioned, I even made one of the Arc holders small enough to hold a battery. With a dip in boiling water, you can have your way with the thing.

Darell

Flashaholic
Darell, ever think about a mirror?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
What? And risk catching something unsavory in the reflection? Yikes.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
Thanks, but it is not my design.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, yeah. I know. But it was your brilliant idea to swipe the smart design that I'm complimenting!

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by darell:
I've been meaning to take pictures of me wearing it, but I've quickly discovered that it is VERY difficult to take a close-up shot of your own pants (at the right spot, at least).[QB] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Darell, ever think about a mirror?
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by darell:
it is a GREAT design[QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks, but it is not my design. See the link above. I just modified it. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.