3C LED utility light

jaymasta

Newly Enlightened
hey guys, Iam fairly new here I just bought an ultrafire 602a1 and Iam extremely impressed with it, at first I put it up against my 4d mag with a magnumstar xenon bulb and slightly used duracells in my room and it made it look like a sickly light when compared in size, it made me go out and buy the mag LED 3 watt bulb for it and it was a decent improvment still not that great giving the size differance LOL, anyways the mag is now going to strickly stay in my truck I still like the light for the size and weight of it for smacking bums...but now I need a new utility light for around the house and out in the yard at night etc I don't want anything to small, would like to keep the size decent maybe around a 2 or 3C size but iam pretty open, would like quite a powerfull beam in excess of a 100lumens, abd a good spill not to fussy about anything else, would like to keep it under or around $100, I have been looking around at various sites, and it seems like most lights I find are of the 2AA size which is just a little to small for what I want it for, can you guys recomend anything and or any sites to buy them at, thanks
Jason

Last edited:

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try the Ledbeam light. It's the most powerful inexpensive light you'll find. A Lux 111 on direct drive with 3 c cells and a mag size reflector. This light has throw and spill. I bought a dozen last year for Christmas presents. It's half the weight of a Mag light.
http://www.ledbeam.com/

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
You might consider a 2x18650 LI-Ion or 3x123 Lith 2C M*g. A 6 cell Xenon Star or 5 cell Krypton Star should give you enough light. And a 2C M*g is a nice size!

Also worthy of consideration...

Oh nevermind, it was the 3C Streamlight Pro Poly 1W but I find it kind of big and "clunky" feeling. It may not have the brightness you desire either.

No, a Hotrod 2C M*Glight sounds like what you need.