Arc LS vs Inova x5 vs Eternalight vs Mag 2AA

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been trying to find out how the Arc LS compares in brightness and "throw" to the Inova x5, Eternalight X-ray and the Mag 2AA. I have seen the various pictures posted but just wanted to hear some comments from LS owners.

Thanks in advance!

Aloha

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kogatana:

I now use the term 'toss' to describe a LED light's ability to project the product output. A toss is "soft and gentle" and from a short distance. That is just about how the ARC LS and Inova X5 perform. They 'toss' a soft, dispersed "down pillow" of a light. It is not at all harsh, deliberate, or forceful. It is casual, unassuming, and willowy. The product is a woman's hand gloved in butter-soft calfskin.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

kogatana,

I stand corrected
smile.gif

So which of the led lights listed "tosses" a more robust field of light?

Aloha!
smile.gif

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Arc LS definitely "tosses" farther then my Inova X5 or Eternalight Elite. I imagine the Arc LS's with the newer optics will toss further still.

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone who owns all 3 of these lights will face something of a dilemma when having to pick one to use - they're all top of their class! I'm one of those lucky ones, I guess
wink.gif

But they all have their particular talents.

I like my X5 for the beam color and incredibly even (practically no hotspot beyond 4 feet!) and large flood up to around 20'. I love my Elite for its dimmability whilst still being able to throw (this thing *has* a small hotspot) and illuminate practically as well as a 7-LED Lightwave3000 when needed. My precious Arc-LS is, by far, the brightest and has the best throw of them all even with old optics, though its color is a little off(violet).

IMHO, the X5 and Elite make better near-range task lights, where an LS is often too intense. The Arc's superior throw immediately puts it in the medium-long range flood category, where it is incredibly impressive and useful.

Having all 3 to choose from at any time for a given task is really quite a nice luxury - I'd recommend owning all 3 to anyone.

If you wanna see pix, try http://thelightsite.cruxial.com/reviews/shootout/shootout.html

That should give you an idea about all their respective "throws".
grin.gif

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to Inova 5x. After one day with the Arc-Ls, I lost interest in the Inova 5x. I'm even sure I know where it is right now. The Arc-ls is the most portable, the brightest, and runs off of one cell, its great. It is also the perfect companion light to a SureFire.

Forget the low and bright light rolled into one, an Arc-LS on the keychain and a SureFire on the belt and your ready for any personal highly portable lighting need.

A good rechargable around the house and your set.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JonSidneyB:
(the ARC LS and) A good rechargable around the house and your set.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>RIGHT!!! Like anyone on this forum is going to believe that.
rolleyes.gif
shocked.gif
rolleyes.gif
TX

Status
Not open for further replies.