whats the brightess aaa light out now?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i did search but i didnt get many results recent .im sure that there is vast improvements in the last month or so.any aaa breaking 30 lumens yet?i mean 1 aaa

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hearsay and not entirely sure, but quite, that it's Fenix L0D CE on regular AAAs. And on 14400 it's close to 150 lumens! Not that that is recommended usage... :)
Heard something about the new Huntlight, but not seen any numbers.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ps i want it in a arc aaa sized light imagine that?i wanted this for years though

raggie33

*the raggedier*
dang mods are a tad outa my budget perhaps fenis will make one smaller.

kashmir

Newly Enlightened
If you want a AAA size definately check out Miller Mods AAA Cree Mod. He's taking orders now. Ordered one and told the wife I bought my own fathers day gift!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
lol opps fenix.i also like the size of the arc aa but at that size id want a aa batt a course

Alteran

Enlightened
Where the grass is blue, up is down, and hamburger
Curious_character said:
Yeah, but who wants a smaller fenis?

c_c

:lolsign:

But if you want a smaller Fenix, go for the E0 or E1. The E0 is absolutely tiny, and slightly dimmer than the Arc AAA, but just barely. About 9 or 10 hours of light before dropping out of regulation, which is a better runtime than the Arc. The E1 is around twice as bright as the Arc, and not much bigger than the E0 (think 5mm), and gives about an hour of regulated light. This one is just a bit smaller (1mm) than the L0D-CE. Both of these are around half the cost of an L0D-CE

txmatt

Enlightened
I had thought about grinding off the bottom skirt of the L0D CE where the split ring goes. This would obviously mess up the HA but would bring it down to about the same length as the Arc AAA. I don't foresee usng the split ring and the notch in that end is kinda sharp and adds unnecessary length.

As for the Millermods Arc AAA, I think the 3/4 watt P3 versions are about the same brightness as the L0D CE on high if running tha same batteries. The higher bins and/or drive currents of Millermods would assumedly be brighter than the L0D CE on standard batteries. I don't know that any of the Millermods, even the 1.5 watt with not-yet-available Q3 bin would match the L0D CE on 10440, though.

greg_in_canada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did that to my MillerMods 3-level L0P to make it the same length as my former EDC (Arc AAA). Then I sanded the bottom smooth to get rid of my hacksaw marks. Now my light is two-tone black/silver :)

Greg

txmatt said:
I had thought about grinding off the bottom skirt of the L0D CE where the split ring goes. This would obviously mess up the HA but would bring it down to about the same length as the Arc AAA. I don't foresee usng the split ring and the notch in that end is kinda sharp and adds unnecessary length.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
raggie33 said:
dang mods are a tad outa my budget perhaps fenis will make one smaller.

Are we talking about the same light? The L0D CE and Arc AAA are roughly the same in diameter, with the Fenix about an eighth of an inch longer (per the pictures on FlashlightReviews.com). An L0D CE recently replaced an Arc AAA as my EDC light, the Fenix is just as unnoticeable in my pocket as the Arc.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i never saw a fenix in person before but the pics i saw make it look way bigger then a arc aaa