Best Rechargable Battery for L1D-CE???

Panter

Newly Enlightened
Any information about what would be the best rechargable battery for L1d-CE? Is a rechargable Li-Ion 14500 (3.6V) a good option? What about an 14500 LiFePO4 (3.2V)? Any experience?

gunga

Flashaholic
Where did you see 14500 LiFePo4?

I've only seen that in RCR123. If you have seen it, please spill because there is much demand here for that.

I was going to suggest eneloop, but I see you are looking at Li-on. Note that 3.6 V batteries don't play nice with the Fenix, if you want medium and low modes. If you just what turbo bright, then it works well.

AW (here) is a good source for batteries.

Supernam

Enlightened
It really depends on your usage. Simple alkaline AA's are so inexpensive that I use them for my L1D-CE. If you use this light to the point of running down one cell a week or more, go for some high capacity NiMH's. If you use one cell a month, maybe some Eneloops. If you store this light for long periods of time such as an emergency kit, or in the car, go for lithium AA's like Energizer E2's.

I recommend you stay away from the LI rechargeables because the voltage is too high for the Fenix to operate the lower modes. The capacity of those cells are also much lower than NiMH's.

Last edited:

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use a normal Energizer NiMH 2500 mAh and I am quite happy. Besides this light's output is not much dependent from the type of battery you use between alkaline, lithium primaries and NiMH.

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
gunga said:
Where did you see 14500 LiFePo4?

I've only seen that in RCR123. If you have seen it, please spill because there is much demand here for that.

+1 on that!

r0b0r

Enlightened
The runtime and regulation is why one would use NiMH. smooth.... long.... mmm