Enlightened a few, and helped out a friend

vinsanity286

Newly Enlightened
My flashoholism(Its a disease you know) has grown tremendously since I became a meber here at cpf about 5 months ago. I finally rubbed it off on two of my friends, who each picked up a garrity keychain light(hey, its a start). One of them is having starter troubles with his car and the other night he was in a dark parkinglight and the starter was giving him fits. He used the garrity to temporarilly fix the problem and get home. He might have been stranded if he did not have a light on him.
Then just last night I was with my other friend who had been driving with his alternator belt slipping for a few days, as the tensioner bolt fell out. Well the battery finally had enough and would not run the car anymore. I gave him my mag 2aaa with a sears led drop in and dorcy optic, which he clipped to his hat and I used my creed ritsoft running a ultrafire 18650. We were able to scavenge a bolt from his pop up headlight mounts and use it on the alternator tensioner. If we had no lights it would have been impossible.

So finally being a flashoholic paid off
clap.gif
I can't wait till the next time I need to pull out the photon cannons, well, aside from just playing with them
yellowlaugh.gif

GeorgePaul

Enlightened
Thanks for sharing this experience. :) Yes, portable lights, especially good quality ones, are remarkably useful. It's my discovery of high-end flashlights that got me interested.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had one of those moments, sort of. I was working in a basement mechanical room with a couple of building engineers. We were prepping the building to return it to service. To get to the mechanical room you had to travel down a semi-dark stairway and hallway then go through another equipment room. Lots of dark shadows. Everytime something would activate you could hear a relay trip and the lights would flicker. I had to go back up stairs and retrieve some equipment and my 2 partners did not have a flashlight. They left theirs in the car. Because we did not know the operational status of the eletrical system we did not know if the lights would stay on. So I left them with my trusty 9P. I get back down to the basement and it is totally dark. Out comes my Arc AAA-P and I make my way to the mechanical room. What do I find? My 2 knuckle head coworkers had turned out the lights and were having fun with my 9P. When they gave it back to me one of them said, "Nice light, I'm gonna steal it!"

He was kidding, it was with me when I flew home.

kelmo

vinsanity286

Newly Enlightened
I used the sears led drop in that is like the magled droppin but is a bit smaller and has a wide range of imput voltage. With the lens I can adjust from flood to spot and I use the tailcap as a twisty switch. I will post it up in the mod forums if I get a chance.
I just started working at a pizza resturant and I had to sweep under the benches and tables at night. Well I couldn't see a thing so I whipped out my cyclops with magled droppin. Everbody laughed at me but I bet those floors have never been cleaner!