Stupid SF questions

sawlight

Enlightened
I have searched, I promise!!!!!

1: Does the F04 beamshaper fit the NEW L1?

2:Where does one find a z62 talcap nowdays? It's no longer listed on the SF site!!

Yes, I got my L1, VERY happy so far!!!

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
1.) If the bezel diameter is still about 1 inch or 25 mm, then the F04 should fit.

2.) I can't remember the part number Z62, but I believe it is the two-stage tailcap of the A2, L1, L2. If you phoned Surefire, they could probably sell you one as most dealers might as well. SF's warranty covers the tailcap, if anything happens to it, they will usually replace it for free.

Last edited:

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you referring to the new L1 with cree? I have the previous one with round body. I loved it. I am looking forwards to the new one. According to some SF pros, the new L1 shouldn't need the F04 not like the previous versions of L1.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The F04 Beam Diffuser, if it does indeed fit on the new L1's bezel, should only really be need for extremely close-up illumination tasks (within 1 metre). The new TIR optic/Cree XR-E combination produces a beam profile very similar to the P60/MN03 so the Beam Diffuser shouldn't be needed in the same way it is for the current L1.

The Z62 is the two-stage push button pressure switch LockOut TailCap for the L1/L2/A2.
You can order a Z62 from any CPF supporting SureFire Dealer, or directly from SureFire by calling them as has been mentioned.

sawlight

Enlightened
Thanks guys. It is, I believe, a third gen. L1, not the latest cree, crenulated bezel, domed lens.

It didn't come with the clickie, so it's not a defective part. I am just having a time getting used to the L/O portion, you really have to unscrew it a LOT to make it safe for pocket carry. And pocket carry is what I am after. The z62 was not listed on the site, but I will drop a line and see about getting one.

Thanks again all.