SSC/Cree-ed SF L6, how much throw it is?

funder

Newly Enlightened
Hi all, I am interested for a SSC/Creed SF L6, anyone tested the lux reading of it? How much stronger the throw is compared to the stock one?

Thanks and regards

GeorgePaul

Enlightened
funder said:
Hi all, I am interested for a SSC/Creed SF L6, anyone tested the lux reading of it? How much stronger the throw is compared to the stock one?
SureFire hasn't delivered any production lights with Cree yet.

Last edited:

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have any measurements, but the throw is considerably better than the Aleph 1 or the Pelican 3W 2390, and much less than the MagLED 3D. The combination of throw and sidespill is what makes the L6 mod impressive, however.

funder

Newly Enlightened
GeorgePaul said:
SureFire hasn't delivered any production lights with Cree yet.

Yes you are right, I mean the user modified light. I know the D-mini gives around 7000 Lux at 1 meter when using smooth reflector. Pelican 7060 will exceed 10000, will a cree/ssc L6 gives better throw?

funder

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Supernam, I searched the forum again and found the lux reading for Cree modded L6 should be 7000-8000, to be frankly I am a bit disppointed for this number, because the D-mini can get the similar reading, but at much smaller size(although the hotspot is not as beautiful as Cree modded L6's).

Then how about the SSC modded L6? Will get a better performance?

Last edited:

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Cree'd L6 would get much more lux if it had a smooth reflector like the D-mini...the smooth reflector plays a big role in the D-mini's high lux reading.