REALLY wanting one of these hid spots... how are they?

Patriot

Flashaholic
They're outstanding in their class! The run cooler and more effeciently than incandecent spotlights. I don't have that exact one, but I have two Costo HIDs that I'm very pleased with. They exceed all other types of lights in throw except for xenon short-arc. You wont be disappointed.

Don't forget to visit the Spotlights/Lanterns/HID forums on the CPF main page. :)

Last edited:

garageguy

Newly Enlightened
That seller might be the one that snatched them all up from the Sam's Club dutch aution. It looks like he has 2 or 3 of them to sell.

mdocod

Flashaholic
see if sams club still has any up for auction.. they were going for like $40-60 a piece on there for awhile... if not.. just check your local sams club, they were $99.95 at most of em.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure about a review on here, but they are VERY VERY VERY bright! I have one (purchased from Sam's auctions) and love it. The output is incredible compared to anything I have ever seen before. Around twice as bright as a 15 million cp spotlight if you have one of those. There are brighter spotlights on the market, but most of those cost in the $1,000+ range, so when it comes to bang for your buck this light is the king!

If you have a membership to sam's then look into buying one from sam's auctions, or maybe you have a good friend who has a membership and is willing to help you out.

Nomad

Enlightened
Hmm...this could be the excuse I've needed to renew my Sam's Club membership... :) Hey, if someone wants to help me pay my membership fee I'll bid do the bidding on the light for 'em! :-D