Arc AAA and energizer AAA

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenBar

Enlightened
Infinity does not recommend Energizer with their products because of this. On their webb site, they show close ups of 3 brands of batteries and what to look for in choice of batteries.....more metal poking out on the negative end.

Use a different brand of batteries next time. For the batteries you have already, fill the hole with just a tad of solder if you have a soldering iron.

My Arc does work with Energizer however...it just needs "cleaning" more often it seems because of the reduced area on the bottom of the battery.

FYI...I personally have switched to Duracell because of this fact.

Saaby

Flashaholic
I believe the super cheap Rayovac Maximums (Not Maimum "plus" mind you) have this too. I have stuck a E2 (Energizer, not Surefire) in my Arc, 2 actually, and one worked and one did not. These were spent batteries out of a wireless mouse however so I assumed and will continue to assume that one was dead and the other was not.

Harrkev

Enlightened
Originally posted by Wolfman:
Infinity does not recommend Energizer with their products because of this. On their webb site, they show close ups of 3 brands of batteries and what to look for in choice of batteries.....more metal poking out on the negative end.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Where? I poked around www.cmgequipment.com and could not find it.

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Arc AAA has a post sticking up from the bottom of the barrel, which makes the battery configuration of little consequence-
Infinity doesn't have that, though.

bmsmith

Enlightened
I am using an Energizer AAA in my ARC AAA LE and it is working fine so far. But I don't know how old the battery is - perhaps Eveready changed the design of the negative end since I got it.

- Brian

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by bmsmith:
I am using an Energizer AAA in my ARC AAA LE and it is working fine so far. But I don't know how old the battery is - perhaps Eveready changed the design of the negative end since I got it.

- Brian
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">For clarification...
The Energizer AAA that people have had trouble with in the Arc is the current standard alkaline-not the Energizer e2 alkaline.

So, over a period of time, IME, that particular cell has caused negative contact problems. Also, said before, the Sanyo AAA alkaline can cause the same difficulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.