better reflector for the minimag 2AA ?

vic2367

Enlightened
is there a better reflector out there for the minimag 2AA ? am awaitng the terralux 5EX ,,,i think the supplied reflector isnt that great,,,is there a better one ?

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're talking about the incandescent MM, I would say the IMS20 is the cheapest and best route.

You will have to shave some of the inside of the MM head to make it fit, but it is well worth it.

gunga

Flashaholic
I just put an IMS17 in mine. Had an SMJ upgrade module from the S. Shoppe. Screwed up my reflector. Put in an IMS17 with an o-ring and it worked perfectly (didn't even have to cut the legs!).

Of course, I put teflon tape on the head so the head switch doesn't work anymore (use a kroll).

If you want more throw, I'd say get an IMS20 to fit. Some of the McGizmos would work well I'm sure but cost $15 +...

max52

Newly Enlightened
I am waiting for a TLE-5EX also. I am unfamiliar with the various Mini-Mag reflector configurations. Which reflector would be useable without modification with the Seoul P4: Mc18r, or Mc18-joker?

Der Wichtel

Enlightened
The reflectors are too expensive for me at sandwich shoppe.

I have found a dealer who sells them for 4€ incl shipping

max52

Newly Enlightened
For the Seoul P4 terralux drop-in for the Mini-Mag which reflector should I use? I think have E-Mailed The Sandwitch Shoppe, but have not received a response. I am too lazy to measure.