Extender for the G2 to turn it into G3

Rogue_monkey

Enlightened
A19 will work. So will the extender to make the G2 into the rechargable verson. you need as spacer tho as this extender is one and a half cr123. I got my from the b/s/t but light hound may have them i'm not sure.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why don't you just get a Leef Body? Then you would be able to use high-capacity Li-Ions, such as the excellent AW 18500/18650. Not to mention Pila and Wolf-Eyes batteries.

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
Outdoors Fanatic said:
Why don't you just get a Leef Body? Then you would be able to use high-capacity Li-Ions, such as the excellent AW 18500/18650. Not to mention Pila and Wolf-Eyes batteries.

To be honest, I did not know that this would be so hard. I like the nitrolon feel in my hand in winter time and its lighter than the metal body, besides these extenders were quite cheap when they were available.....this is not urgent, if I cant get them, so be it......

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
cernobila said:
To be honest, I did not know that this would be so hard. I like the nitrolon feel in my hand in winter time and its lighter than the metal body, besides these extenders were quite cheap when they were available.....this is not urgent, if I cant get them, so be it......
If I were you, I'd invest on a brand new G3. Two lights are never too much... besides that, they are not expensive and Lighhound ships worldwide for little money.

tofer50

Newly Enlightened
I'd go to opticshq.com. He'll give you a CPF discount and also free shipping on orders over $ 100.- Cheaper prices and good service is the bottom line.

It looks like neither of them have the G3 right now though.

Last edited:

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
Elton said:

That will not work. It is larger than 1x123 size.

You could use it if you also make a dummy battery spacer. I have done this with my old 7R. Get an aluminum dummy 123 battery spacer (AW or Surefire), cut it down to fill the remaining space between the end of the tube and the batteries inside.

Attach the battery adaptor to the G2.
Insert the batteries you plan to use.(17500 rechargables or CR123's).
Measure the space between the end of the batteries and the end of the tube.
Cut the dummy spacer down to fill the space. I used shrink wrap to cover the bare aluminum remaining.
Insert the batteries you plan to use, add the cut down dummy spacer, replace the tailcap.

It is longer than the G3 by about one half a CR123 but will work the same.
It will not be officially a G3 but it will function the same. You will be able to use 2x17500's or 3xCR123's. Parts only cost about $14 total.

Last edited: