led upgrade for surefire

vic2367

Enlightened
the e2l outdoorsman has 30 lumens output...is there a more powerful led drop in to give me more lumens ?

GeorgePaul

Enlightened
You could put a (very floody) KL4 head on for 100 lumens.

Or you could use a C to E adapter with a 6P-compatible head (such as the G&P Tactical Head) with a Cree drop-in.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi vic, having both the KL1 and KL4 I can tell you both su*k at runtimes. I use rechargeables so its not much of a problem but must carry spares where ever I go. The cree'd SF coming out soon shall have more lumens with higher runtime, unfortunately not for KL4. So best bet here is get it (KL1) modded to a SSC as others have adviced. Milky comes to mind, many mods that he has done for other members with outstanding results...all the best in your search

vic2367

Enlightened
yeah thats what im looking for,,,,more lums plus excellent runtimes,,,i will be using rechargeables also,,,

GeorgePaul

Enlightened
According to the 2007 SureFire catalog, the new E2L will have maximum output of 45 lumens and will run for 14 hours. These numbers should be taken with a grain of salt, of course -- we'll need to see actual test results from a production light to know how it really performs. But I think we can be sure that the new E2L will be brighter and run longer than the current E2L.

CDI

Newly Enlightened
carbine15 said:
put a SSC P4 in it.

Would this work with an E2D as well? I have several SF lights that I want to upgrade....if someone could point me in the right direction for purchasing conversions for the following I'd greatly appreciate it:

E2D
G2/6P
3P
9AN
X200B

TIA,
CDI