Finally got around to buying an M6!

Nuker-

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone!
I finally made the move up from the E2E and 9P to the M6 and wow that thing really is a spotlight. I thought it was strange that it came with 2 MN21 bulbs insted of 1 of each but oh well. Where to you guys buy batterys for these that you trust running 6 of that dont cost as much as the "premium" brands?
Thanks a lot!
Nuker-

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nuker - Congrats on your purchase. IMO you have chosen the finest, most
practical light made today.

After experimenting with several brands, these days it's all OEM Surefire cells.

Now you need an MN-15 bulb to have the option of an M6-X. You can thank
JS for this wonderful discovery, 200+ lumens for approximately 2.50 hours.

Then you need to drop John Willis a line and have him build you one of his
M6 holsters.

ENJOY and again congrats!

SunStar

Enlightened
Ditto on the Seery post.

Go OEM SF... there is none better for the price for your M6 (and I've tried others).

Definitely invest in a MN15 and you should add the MN20 too.

Congrats on a nice light!

Patriot

Flashaholic
Congrats Nuker! You're going to love that light. I had to go and get mine out when I read this. It hasn't been out much lately but it will always be one of my favorites. I like Surefire batteries, but I've also had good luck with Sanyos.

Nuker-

Newly Enlightened
Thanks a lot everyone! I was simply amaized how nice of a beam this baby makes. So SF batterys is the way to go I see, I guess you dont trust the cheap battery station ect ones with 6 cells hehe. I would hate to see 6 cells blow up let alone 2-3. On a side note anyone know why mine in a sealed box would of come with 2 of the MN21 500lm bulbs?
Again thanks for the upgrade ideas,
Nuker-

tick398

Newly Enlightened
For awhile there was a shortage of the mn20 assembly. I believe they were packaged with one mn21 and a coupon for a mn20 or came with two mn21 assemblies.

I love my M6 and will be trying the mn15 soon myself.

LED61

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ditto on all the above, especially the MN15 bulb, 2.5 hours runtime--fantastic!!

One more thing to add, Surefire batteries are great, but even better for the MN21 are Duracell ultras and Procells. A bit more expensive, but hold their voltage under the heavy load for longer so bright beam for longer. If you decide to go this route, you can pay $2.00 and $2.25 respectively vs. $1.75 for the surefires at www.batteriesandbutter.com

Flashlight Enthusiast
does that really work with that bulb, if so u think a mn-16 bulb would work

kaseri

Enlightened
Congrats! The M6 is my favorite light & believe it or not I tend to carry it with me in my bag quite a bit. I bought an MN15 bulb & it is amazing in the M6. I highly recommend that you invest in an MN15 bulb.

Enjoy your M6 !!!!

LED61

Flashlight Enthusiast
276 said:
does that really work with that bulb, if so u think a mn-16 bulb would work

276, please do not try the MN16 in the M6. Despite the fact both bulbs are used in the M3T, and do fit the M6 turbohead, the MN16 is an overdriven bulb in the M3T. Two stacks of current in the M6 would blow it for sure. The MN15 on the other hand, is underdriven in the M3T, and thus works beautifully in the M6.

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats, Nuker-, once you get the SF M6, you can never go back.

I used to use SF batts exclusively, but when the price suddenly jumped by 50 cents apiece, I started using Streamlight batts. Haven't done any comparison testing though, so don't really know how they stack up against each other.

At one time, somebody on this board was making/offering rechareable battery packs--don't know if they're still available. As I recall, they were a little pricey, but in hindsight, I should have "invested."

Nuker-

Newly Enlightened
Hmm a recharge pack of Li-Ion cells would be awsome and a real money saver in the long run!
Nuker-

Flashlight Enthusiast
LED61 said:
276, please do not try the MN16 in the M6. Despite the fact both bulbs are used in the M3T, and do fit the M6 turbohead, the MN16 is an overdriven bulb in the M3T. Two stacks of current in the M6 would blow it for sure. The MN15 on the other hand, is underdriven in the M3T, and thus works beautifully in the M6.

thanks thats what i wanted to know:grin2: