Beam shot comparing Q3 reflector to McR-20s with SSC P4

mudman cj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where corn and pigs are grown unimpeded by trees
I have two modded Q3s here, both with Seoul SSC P4 U bin emitters running at 917 mA. The light on the left has a McR-20s (Seoul version) and the one on the right has a filed Q3 reflector (0.030" removed). The left light has an LED with the "SVO" color bin and the one on the right is "SWO". The digital camera causes the beam shots to appear "stepped" in intensity, whereas to the eye the hot spot transitions very smoothly to spill. I also did not notice any asymmetry to the beam profile of the light on the right, so take that with a grain of salt. I bought the McR-20s hoping to improve throw, and while that may be the case, it is not by much!

DSC03906.jpg

Last edited:

mosport

Enlightened
Re: Comparing Q3 reflector to McR-20s with SSC P4

Nice comparison shot CJ, thanks for demonstrating the versatility of the stock Q3 reflector!

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Comparing Q3 reflector to McR-20s with SSC P4

Mosport, thanks. he did state it was a stock Q3 reflector in the first post.:ohgeez:

Ken

mudman cj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where corn and pigs are grown unimpeded by trees
Actually, I used the term "stock" to refer to the original reflector that comes with a Q3. I should have mentioned that I filed 0.030" off of the back. That was a great question Kenster.

Cheers to the Q3 reflector for working well with Luxeon, Cree, and Seoul!