"Been through the water and been baptized" but the story has a happy ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall
"Been through the water and been baptized" but the story has a happy ending.

Over the summer I did a senseless thing- I changed the batery in my LE for for the fun of it. No that isn't what was so stupid. The stupid thing was when I did it at the depth of 9ft. of clorinated water. As they say in the chronicles of thomas covenant , it became "closed to me"
rolleyes.gif
. when I got it open useing a viceclamp and channel lock pliers the inside had been ravaged by corrosion and it would not screw back together right. long story short this weekend i dremeled out the inside and ended up with a worn arc that still workes like a charm. I thought the HA was worn before but now the beloved light that has taken me through thick and thin has taken on a rustic "old freind" look that is so full of charector that I wouldn't trade it for an M6 and a green laser and an A2. Really I wouldn't.

You may call it LE but to me it's proper name is "Bannor". I wonder how many of you know who that is?
cool.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
Re: "Been through the water and been baptized" but the story has a happy ending.

So Dremmeling out the inside caused the outside to be worn?
confused.gif

If the outside is just really dirty try freezing it, into solid ice--something about the way water turning into ice works cleans out the knurling unlike anything else!

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: "Been through the water and been baptized" but the story has a happy ending.

Bannor of the BloodGuard. Thomas Covenant's bodyguard.

Next to Saltheart Foamfollower, my favorite character in the Chronicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.