Fenix P3D

Flashlight Enthusiast
just got my P3D today, it is bright you can see the difference compared to the L2d Ce i like this light. I would post a beam shot but i dont know how to ?

Flashlight Enthusiast
The P3D is brighter than the gladius , my striker is still brighter than the P3D but not as expensive

EV_007

Enlightened
With all the talk about Fenix's newest, brightest offering, I had to check it out for myself.

The P3D looks and feels a lot like the original L1P, but on a slightly larger scale. There is a fine line or crack along one side of the area where the LED is mounted. Not sure if this is normal or not. The beam seems to be a bit "unfocused" to me as well as it being a bit purplish. The tint reminds me of the Streamlight PP 4AA output. I like the fact that the brightness levels do not flicker and that the light can be activated into the lowest light level on startup.

The light seems to operate like this:

Click once and turn the bezel to standard or turbo mode. In the dim mode, tap the clicky and it goes up to the next level, tap again and it reaches the third brightness level, quick click again and it goes into SOS mode. Now twisting the bezel tight all the way brings up the brightest or "turbo" mode and a quick tap goes into strobe mode.

It's not a bad light, but overall quality and craftsmanship is to be expected from a mass produced light.[font=&quot]

It's hard to keep up with all the different "choices" Fenix has been offering as of late. Variation on a theme I guess, however, it is obvious that they are paying very close attention to what CPF members have to say.

[/font]