Surefire repair help

SpyderNoir_JHA

Newly Enlightened
I've got an SF E2e here and the pocket clip has become somewhat bent. Surefire sent me a replacement clip, but I have no idea how to go about actually taking out the old clip and putting the new one in. Can anybody offer some advice? Thanks alot in advance!

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remove the bezel and the o-ring. You can use a strong shoe lace or some paracord works well. Make a loop about 12". Loop around the clip and give a few strong tugs. Clip should come out.

Be careful. There is a small plastic shim under the clip. Don't lose it. I usually do this inside a plastic grocery bag, so the shim can't fly.

Mark

tussery

Enlightened
Or you can push the small plastic piece out with a small screw driver (it does take some force to get it out) then the clip will come out no problem with pliers and you don't risk losing the plastic piece. The only problem is you may scratch your finish under the clip.

Carabidae

Newly Enlightened
also slip something like a playing card or notecard type something between the body and clip underneath the clip while pulling it up so you dont scratch the body with the clip.