Got my first surefire today Its an E2E

alphamaniv

Newly Enlightened
Seems to be a nice little light. I am impressed with the 60 lumens and the book says that a 90 lumens is also in the works, so maybe that will be available soon. I am an EMT and I use a Stinger XT for my work light.It really taught me the importance of a bright light, but its a little large for daily carry in my pocket. Anyway, I need to tell someone that will understand this light. The wife just says "Neat, how is this better than a five dollar everready? They both shine lights" O well, I will win her over sooner or later. Thanks for listening.

Walt

Newly Enlightened
Excellent first choice. It's a most popular EDC, along with the original E2. Most folks seem to be waiting for SF to bring out the LOLA for this unit for a longer run time.

I believe you will appreciate the E2e's size, high reliability and the quality of it's beam in your work.

Few excuses are necessary concerning it's ownership, really. It will indeed outlast most things around you today, and continue to look good while doing it.

It will probably be the first of many SF's, but no worries, it's a most familiar pattern.
smile.gif

Walt

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Walt:
Few excuses are necessary concerning it's ownership, really. It will indeed outlast most things around you today, and continue to look good while doing it.

It will probably be the first of many SF's, but no worries, it's a most familiar pattern.
smile.gif

Walt
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah....yes.

No truer words have ever been spoken.

Alphamaniv, enjoy the journey. And BTW...has anyone told you about the M6 yet???

Best wishes to you!

grin.gif

Frank C.

Newly Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by alphamaniv:
The wife just says "Neat, how is this better than a five dollar everready? They both shine lights" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Take her in a dark room, and shine the $5 everready light. Then the E2e. She can't help but notice the difference.
smile.gif

Congrats! I have dozens of different lights, and many different Surefires (E1, E1e, E23, M3, M6) - but it's the E2e that goes everywhere with me.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by alphamaniv:
the book says that a 90 lumens is also in the works.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can anybody elaborate on this? I thought a E2 HOLA was strictly a wish list item. LOLA yes, but no HOLA. E3 maybe?

dougmccoy

Enlightened
Hey Alphamaniv,

I am a UK Community Paramedic and have been using Surefires at work for over six months now and i would certainly never go back to anything else now.

My first SF was a M2 which is just fantastic, but, and to me it is an important 'but' it is just too expensive to risk loosing at work. I figured that the chance of it getting lost or stolen was too high and so substituted the M2 for a G2.

The G2 will hopefully soon be augmented by an E2e but is so good I will probably continue to use that as my main light and keep the E2e as a backup carried securely in a zipped pocket!

Once you been bitten by the SF bug it will be hard for you to stop at one light!

Doug
smile.gif

DonL

Enlightened
My wife, who had lived amongst a bevy of Princeton Tecs, Pelicans, and UKEs, thinking that "they're just flashlights", has increasingly started reaching for aluminum Type III anodized lights whenever she can. "They're cooler and nicer," she claims.

Ah, another convert...
smile.gif

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
geepondy,
I'm not sure that the E2 HOLA is due for release anytime soon. (Al might know better).

dougmccoy,
co-incidence: there's a UK paramedic on SFDB, "AP", with the same taste in SF's. Actually, his member number there is 999, (which is the UK equivalent of the USA's 911) very appropriate.

DonL, does your wife always appreciate everything expensive and the best ? Cool !!

lightlover