• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB : step-up converter, input 3V, output +1W

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi!

I'm going to upgrade someone's 2D cell flashlight. I'm going to replace the dim incandescent bulb by a Cree XR-E (plus McR reflector plus custom heatsink). I'm still looking for a step-up converter with an output of around 1 watt or upto 2 watt. Let me know what you have and a price including priority shipping to Belgium. Thank you!

Last edited:

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can build a simplified piglet with no micro-controller. Single level, buck/boost output at around 350ma/500ma/750ma/850ma

$18 + $3 shipping.

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
goldserve said:
I can build a simplified piglet with no micro-controller. Single level, buck/boost output at around 350ma/500ma/750ma/850ma

$18 + $3 shipping.
Interesting! Any efficiency rates or runtime plots available? Minimum and maximum V_in?

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
BigBoy, the converter is not efficient at driving such high currents. So no, it iwll not do that.

Erasmus,
@ 350ma, the low current is nice and efficient for the driver. Vmin should be around 2.4V and Vmax is 5.5V. AT 3.6V input, you get higher 85+ efficiencies. 3V should not differ too much. Estimate worst case 85% efficiency.