Stinger always in charger?

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
The manual states that the Stinger is designed to be left in the charger continuously when not in use. If you take it out, yes the battery will slowly discharge. Personally, I leave mine out and charge it about once a month.

PeteBroccolo

Enlightened
We use Polystingers in our patrol vehicles, and we have found that leaving them in the chargers continuously will kill the battery sticks. Try to not leave your Stinger in the charger like that - either lift it up and turn it so the contacts on the light body do not meet the charger contacts, or carry it in a pocket or in a belt holster. You may want to replace the NiCd battery stick with a NiMh battery stick for slower drain-down and longer run-time. Either that, or look up on CPF for the threads on converting your Stinger (not XT) to use li-ion cells.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
The same lesson goes for cordless drills! Even using a "smart" charger from Craftsman both the battery packs for my 16.8V drill got wasted.

They are getting rebuilt at Batteries+ with NimH. I will then charge them on Sunday for use during the week.

This charge schedule is not carved in stone, but a 14.4V pack I had done over two years ago and treated somewhat like above is going STRONG!

I have my stinger on the wall here at the shop, but I have the charger on a timer for about an hour a day.