Need to mount light to air gun, help!

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey all, I am looking into mounting a light onto my RWS Diana 34 spring-piston air rifle. I do not have a scope yet, but will be buying one withing the next couple weeks. I need to know where and what kind of brackets I need to buy to mount one of my light to the gun. I was thinking of using my Ultrafire C2, since it's LED and was a cheapie that I use as a loaner. I wouldn't mind having it permanetly mounted to the gun. I also have my Surefire L5 which I could use..but I guess it depends on the mount. What am I looking at for options?

supes

Enlightened
I have no idea what the air rifle looks like but if its a basic rifle format, I'd say the easiest is a barrel mount. Its a clamp on where it grips the barrel and the flashlight body. Since there is no recoil or gunpowder, there isn't going to be much movement or anything.

Another option is depending on the stock, wood or plastic. You could screw a little piece of picatinny rail 20mm on it, and mount any type of light, laser, secondary weapon, grenade launcher,etc. on it.

Weapons + lights(esp. SF lights) = FREAKIN awesome!

Does your rifle have a top rail?

Last edited:

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, it does have a top rail. But, since it's spring piston, it does have quite a bit of recoil...which is why I plan on using an LED. I just need to find myself some brackets...