• Yes, if it was 230$

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Yes, if it was 250$

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aml

Newly Enlightened
depends on output, throw, and whether or not it was compatible with weaponlight mounts. (1 inch body)

just be careful with the price...one can have a custom multi emitter setup built by one of the talented folks here at CPF for around that price.

and why not drive the emitters a little harder??? 400+ should be relatively easy with three emitters no?

RustyKnee

Enlightened
aml said:
depends on output, throw, and whether or not it was compatible with weaponlight mounts. (1 inch body)

just be careful with the price...one can have a custom multi emitter setup built by one of the talented folks here at CPF for around that price.

and why not drive the emitters a little harder??? 400+ should be relatively easy with three emitters no?

Are you calculating for using all white LEDs. I think this will run a red a green and a blue LED to give a far better white with good colour rendition from what it shines on.....I think thats what is the plan. White LEDs lack red.

I voted yes for 200 dollars.....but I am cheap hehe and want it as cheap as possible lol. I am more inclinde to say what i want to pay not what I am prepared to pay :).

Stu

Brozneo

Enlightened
I would be keen for one, but I probably won't buy it until I read some reviews, saw the final product, saw some beamshots etc

SoundMix

Newly Enlightened
It is bright but I'm more than happy with the brightness of my present lights.

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been in touch with Milky for a jacked up M4 but... This would sway me as I'm sure there would be many options..

Is this just vaporware or any shrad of hope? :)

Flight_Deck

Enlightened
Plain and simple, YES! Seeing as a Surefire U2 still goes for over $250, I think that same price range would be reasonable.

But... they had better come up with a more efficient load-path for the heat generated by the emitter cluster to get down to the sink than what is shown in the first picture.

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks neat, but what would possess Lumapower to try and mass produce such a light? The design seems to lend itself more to a small quantity of custom built lights, rather than something I'd expect to see from a company like Lumapower.

Heck, if they would make such a thing, I'd buy it.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would buy it if the emitters were aimed forward.

Now that they've accomplished the MRV, I think this is the next step.

EuroBeetle

Newly Enlightened
Gee,I already have a light like that and it destroyed the High Output Wolf Eyes drop in housed in a Sniper 6A AND made a Surefire U2 look anemic.
It is called ASP Triad with 3 Crees,silky switch,non slip grip and wall of light.
Check one out and all your Huntlights,Lumapowers Surefires will be on BST...............!

boosterboy

Enlightened
EngrPaul said:
I would buy it if the emitters were aimed forward.

Now that they've accomplished the MRV, I think this is the next step.

doesn't the tri-lobed design allow the light to throw light farther?

RustyKnee

Enlightened
can it be clarified if this is the RGB idea and not 3 white crees?

If its 3 white crees....I am not so interested.

Stu

LowTEC

Enlightened
I will buy it if only the advertised lux reading IS the real life lux meter, instead of just half of it :laughing:

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd honestly prefer to see someone sell the reflector components to do this as a custom. That way, if someone wants RGB (separately controllable, for variable color temp) that might be an option, or if someone wants 3x white for max lumens, that might be another option.

These day's I'm actually partial to whites plus a separate red to balance out the color rendering, as opposed to RGB. 2x white and a half-driven red, or 4-5x White and a fully-driven red will completely make up for the weak red component of the white LEDs, and will still be much more efficient than RGB. The reasons is that the green emitters are very inefficient (<10%) compared to generating green with a phosphor -- since the blue LEDs are extremely efficient (>40%) at converting electricity to light. Even though the phosphor is only ~75% efficient at converting blue to green.

Also, the only flashlight colors I really ever use are white (if I don't care about night vision) or red (if I do care about night vision). So while the ability to vary color temp with RGB is kind of nifty (I will definitely go that way once the efficiency of the green LEDs goes up), for the time being I think white plus red, with the ability to turn on ONLY red if so desired, is my favorite configuration.

I will buy it if only the advertised lux reading IS the real life lux meter, instead of just half of it
Lots of people are saying the MRV has only 50% more lux than the D-Mini, yet the same people are saying that the MRV effectively throws twice as far. However, if one goes by inverse-square law, one would expect that to throw twice as far (to light up a target that is twice as far away to one lux) FOUR times the beam intensity would be needed (if you treat the flashlights as a point-source).

My guess is that Lumapower probably measured the lux at a greater distance and back-substituted using the inverse square law (basically simplifying things and treating the flashlight like a true point-source). Since the D-Mini and MRV focal lengths are different, the point at which the rays "cross" and give the highest readings is probably different, and might cause the MRV to score worse on lux @ 1M, even though it might do better for true throw.

Last edited:

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
boosterboy said:
doesn't the tri-lobed design allow the light to throw light farther?

I'd like the emitters facing forward for better heat transfer and more flood, personally.

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast
EngrPaul said:
I'd like the emitters facing forward for better heat transfer and more flood, personally.
Another Idea I've considered is isntead of having the three emitters on a pedestal in the middle is to have the emitters positioned along the edges pointing inward toward the "lobe" on the opposite side. There the emitters would be far away from each other, and close to the edge, allowing for better heat sinking.

The other thing would be for someone to come out with an injection-molded collimating optic that would blend the beams from three separate (forward facing) emitters into one.