Hmm...

BT132435

Newly Enlightened
If i were to sell my pristine condition Fenix L1P, and Arc LS CR-123A tailcap with clicky, gaining a total of about $50. What's the best LED flashlight i can get that's about the same size as the Fenix L1P or smaller? Using AA or AAA batteries.

scottaw

Enlightened
Right now, for $50 stick with the fenix line. Soon enough others will join the market, but they've got a stranglehold on the current, cheap-but awesome light category.

jc28841

Newly Enlightened
The obvious choice would be the Fenix L1DCE. Just about $50 at fenix-store.com after the CPF8 discount. Gives about twice the brightness for the same runtime and still uses good 'ol AA batteries. Runs nicely on NiMH and great on Energizer e2 lithiums.

For added versatility, you could get the 2AA or 1CR123A bodies.

If you need smaller then, you should get the tiny Fenix L0DCE. Uses 1xAAA. It's a twisty though if that matters.

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
:poke: Keep the L1P. Add a 10ohms resistor (2-stage mod) and swap the Led (SSC).
This light is very reliable and robust and will work for many years, the newer more complicated ones are debatable.

Best regards

____
Tom

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The choices are(around $50):
Jetbeam MkIIX on dedalextreme($54)
Dexlight on Dealextreme($45, pretty much a rebranded Jetbeam MkIIX)
Both of the above lights use PWM but the Dexlight is supposed to use a faster frequency then the Jetbeam. Both have many mods that might be a bit too confusing and bothcan run on 14500 3.7v Lithium rechargeable
Fenix L1D-CE
L0D-CE(AAA light, uses PWM)

You should keep the L1P as a back up light, but that's only my opinion.