Redressing the balance - to Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirobesh

Enlightened
Ok, so I was looking at my ARC LS earlier today and there's just no way this thing can give out max light for 2 hours I was thinking. So I tested it and here's my results using a brand new Duracell Ultra M3, stopping every half hour to check voltage:-

0:00 v. 3.11
0:30 v. 2.89
1:00 v. 2.89
1:30 v. 2.89
1:45 v. 2.83
2:00 v. 2.76
2:11 v. 2.65 - starting to flicker & lose brightness.

At no time did it get hot - infact can I suggest Peter that you change the warning from "Caution! HOT!" to "Caution! PLEASANTLY WARM!"
smile.gif

Conclusion:

I own a torch that is smaller than my little finger and puts out regulated light that is brighter than my behemoth-sized Lucido C10 for over 2 hours.
It's an absolute gem and my only regret is waiting this long to purchase it.

Now I know that I'm not telling you anything that you already didn't know, but after some of my earlier comments which weren't entirely complimentary I just felt I had to set the record straight.

Robin.

GlockDoc

Newly Enlightened
Originally posted by dirobesh:

I own a torch that is smaller than my little finger
Robin.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
shocked.gif

My LS is BIGGER than my thumb and I'm 6'-230lbs! you must toss the caber quite a distance.
grin.gif

GD

dirobesh

Enlightened
Oops - I meant it's shorter in length, not in width! I'm actually 6' 1 1/2" and weigh (I think) about 230-240lbs. And it's not the caber I toss....
smile.gif
blush.gif

SurefireM6

Enlightened
Are you sure that was a brand new Ultra? My new ultras measure 3.25-3.3 volts. I consider my Dl123's used at 3.1 volts and gets handed down for use with the KL1.

dirobesh

Enlightened
Just checked my other 2 ultras - one measures 3.10 and the other 3.01 !!! They're dated 2012 so they should be fresh but obviously aren't.
frown.gif

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Originally posted by dirobesh:
Ok, so I was looking at my ARC LS earlier today and there's just no way this thing can give out max light for 2 hours I was thinking. So I tested it and here's my results using a brand new Duracell Ultra M3, stopping every half hour to check voltage:-

0:00 v. 3.11
0:30 v. 2.89
1:00 v. 2.89
1:30 v. 2.89
1:45 v. 2.83
2:00 v. 2.76
2:11 v. 2.65 - starting to flicker & lose brightness.

At no time did it get hot - infact can I suggest Peter that you change the warning from "Caution! HOT!" to "Caution! PLEASANTLY WARM!"
smile.gif

Conclusion:

I own a torch that is smaller than my little finger and puts out regulated light that is brighter than my behemoth-sized Lucido C10 for over 2 hours.
It's an absolute gem and my only regret is waiting this long to purchase it.

Now I know that I'm not telling you anything that you already didn't know, but after some of my earlier comments which weren't entirely complimentary I just felt I had to set the record straight.

Robin.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">A brand new 123-cell should yield about 3.26 volts news. I've seen them start as high at 3.28.

Jbirk

Newly Enlightened
How much does a 1 or 2 pack of the 123 cost? Alkaline? Lithium? Duracell or Energiser (maybe e2)?

Status
Not open for further replies.