What LiIon cell is this?

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here it is between an AA and a RCR123:

whatliion.jpg

I ripped two of them out of a Sony Infolithium battery (digicam died).
I'm using the one in the picture (with some bubble wrap around it) to run one of these, and I feel it's a much better idea than the original 3-AAA adapter...

mdocod

Flashaholic
or maybe a 17500, hehe...

the trick of using this in place of the 3xAAA carriers is one of the best ways to take a crappy flashlight that is only crappy because of the power source and make it a great flashlight.

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
So is it a 18500 or a 17500?

The flashlight I'm running with it isn't a crappy light even with the stock 3xAAA holder. With NiMH cells it gives an output that's almost as bright as the output with the LiIon cell.
I'm running it with the 17500/18500 (whichever it is) because I need something that won't self discharge, so ordinary NiMH are out of the question.
The choice is between eneloop/hybrid/whatever low-self-discharge NiMH cells or LiIon ones.
Eneloops I'd have to buy (and they're expensive), LiIon I already have, so it's kind of a no-brainer.

By the way: if there were less 3xAAA lights and more 3xAA ones, I'd be happier. I hate AAAs.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Fallingwater,

If you could provide the diameter and length of the cell in mm, we may be able to narrow it down.

Tom