Arc laugh

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
I was at an ARES meeting today, when someone asked to see my flashlights - yep, someone did the inevitable - took my SLS-1, with 2 fresh Lithium AAs, pointed it at his face, and turned it on. He decided NOT to do the same with my surefire E2
grin.gif

Tomas

Banned
Yup.

Happens all the time with my LS1 with the original 123 pack.

I warn 'em, they smile and nod, then look right into the lens and turn it on. *sigh*

It's bad enough when they do it with my little Arc AAA.

Now, anyone know WHY they do this?

tomsig02.gif

-= MICROSOFT FREE ZONE =-

Saaby

Flashaholic
I was at a semi-formal school dance last night (Not held at the school).

Somebody came up with their date and said "Where are your flashlights?" So I unzipped the vault pockets of my Dockers Techno pants (A flashaholics dream pants. Look like slacks, carry like cargos) and pulled out my AAA, McLux, and then out of the shirt pocket came the red LED Saturn pen.
tongue.gif
she asked!

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Special pockets for your "Technos"? I'm just "average", don't need special pockets...sorry = I apologize...the button said "Push Me"
grin.gif

Y2Kirk1028

Enlightened
Originally posted by Saaby:
So I unzipped the vault pockets of my Dockers Techno pants (A flashaholics dream pants. Look like slacks, carry like cargos) and pulled out my AAA, McLux, and then out of the shirt pocket came the red LED Saturn pen.
tongue.gif
she asked!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Those pants are nice, I can carry my pda, cellphone, wallet, flashlights and etc..and still not look like I'm carry all that.

Some stores that carry the pants do call them "Tech" or 'Techno" pants.

Kirk

Monsters_Inc

Banned
You tell someone NOT to do something, it's the first thing they do. eg. (while situated up high) "Don't look down", what's your first inclination? To look down of course.
wink.gif

It's also the problematic basis of traffic campaigns. In Aust we have very aggressive TV ad campaign telling people NOT to drink and drive, or NOT to speed, etc. By telling people what NOT to do, you've inadvertently aroused their curiousity of what would happen if they did it.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Charles, At least he learned, though the hard way. Serves him right for not listening. Well, he did learn just how bright the Arc LS is.
grin.gif

At least my friends listen when I tell them not to look into it.

Kanai

Newly Enlightened
Just like when you tell them to watch out the blade is sharp (I keep my knives very sharp) and the first thing they do is run their finger over the blade. "Man, I told you!"

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone remember that SNL skit, where a family is having dinner around a table, and someone gets some milk from the fridge, and tastes it, and it is bad, and they pass the bad milk around, everyone tasting it, and aggreeing that it is bad?

This happens over and over again!

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love when people look into the light and turn it on!
smile.gif

At work, they looked into my Batonlite and turned it on...wow! That is bright! A month later they did the same thing to my Badboy 500, they used some select words on how bright it was. Then the smaller Mini-LGI showed up a month after that...same thing, as the Mini-LGI is brighter, they saw spots for a few minutes.

The latest beast is a 5 watt Cyan LS in a 5D Mag
grin.gif
This time, they knew from the last three times, don't look at the !!@#$%^&*!! thing! I also cut them a break and put this label on the head: "Warning! Intense 5 watt Cyan LED Avoid looking directly at emitter" It is blinding, with the new 30mm optics (makes a 4X brighter narrow beam) this thing is basically a weapon.

I am waiting for a 2W Nichia equipped Arc myself, it sounds like the limit for the form factor Arc uses.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is like the Wet paint sign on something, everybody has to touch it to confirm it is wet.

I told a guy just the opposite to put the E2 close to his eye and turn it on since it is so dim, he actually did the opposite and pointed at a wall instead. Theory confirmed! We always do just the opposite.

So as Tomas said, absolutely, positively make darn sure, you DON`T send me money!
smile.gif

Eric_M

Enlightened
I was at O'Hare on Jan. 31st on my way down to Florida and got pulled aside for the "expanded" security check. The guard was very nice but when he found my LS-Hybrid in my jacket pocket he asked "This is just a flashlight, right?" I replied "Yea, just don't shine it in your eyes." So what does he do, points it in my eyes and turns it on. I was seeing spots for a few minutes after that.

Yes, the LS's are bright.

Eric