New light to be featured on "24" on 5/7...

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received my new issue of Police Magazine, and there's a small blurb about the show "24" from Fox TV using the new Tigerlight tactical light in several scenes. Apparently, the show's prop master was very impressed with the light, and ordered 50 of them for use in the various scenes on the show.

Tigerlight originally had one model, which featured an integrated O.C. dispenser. They now feature a non-O.C. model, but I haven't been able to track one down (except from the factory). According to Tigerlight, the light is a NiMH rechargeable, with 75,000CP, aluminum body, etc...

--dan

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's an inquiry I sent them:

"Hello:

I couldn't find the following in your specifications.

Type, number, and capacity of cells used in your battery pack.
(I would guess you're using 5 @ NiMH Sub-C's and i hope you're using the 3000 mAh given your pricing).

Voltage, Amperage, expected service life, and Lumens (or MSCP) of your bulb with a fresh battery pack.

Typical Run Time on a full charge.

Angular Degrees of hot spot containing 50% of your light output.

Will I need to buy a replacement lamp at burnout time with costs similar to StreamLight or will I need to buy a lamp reflector assembly with costs similar to Surefire?

If I can buy a bulb, is the connector proprietary or will I be able to choose between different output standard sized Carley or Welch Allyn bi-pin bulbs?

I'd need to know these answers before seriously considering adding this light to my collection.

With your permission, I would like to post your response to the "CandlePowerForums.com" that attracts discriminating flashlight hobbyists like myself.

Thank you."

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey! May 7 was my birthday! Too bad i spent it styding all day for final.

ANyway this is off-topic...but this props manager from "24" seems like a flashaholic himself. Why don't we try contacting him? We can probably give him some pointers. Even better...he could plug this webpage on the show. Or better yet...he could use some of our screen names as character names for the show...OOOOooOo...
grin.gif
grin.gif
wink.gif

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didnt see it, on the show...BUT the light may show up on the last two episodes of the series, over the next few weeks. Currently, I'm tracking down a pre-pro. of a Tigerlight w/out the OC cannister...I'll see what happens...

--dan