Just got the WE M90-13V rechargeable kit for my M100X

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got the M90-13v rechargeable kit from GlenC @ www.quarterflash.com.au and after some discussion with GlenC on how to modify the M90 kit to suit the M100X, GlenC swapped out the 13v lamp for the M90 for a stock M100X 12v lamp... just in case I fried the stock one in my M100X.

GlenC ships things FAST and within 24hrs of ordering the kit from Sydney, it arrived this morning in Melbourne!:thumbsup:

GlenC and I both knew that the main concern with the M90-13v kit was whether the stock M100X 12v lamp would :poof: under 3xLRB150As.

So when the packaged arrived, I immediately opened the kit and tried it out to see if the 12v lamp would fry, turned it on... WOW... BRIGHT... 5secs later the light went off...:eek:oo: I thought the bulb was history, however upon close inspection, the filament seemed perfectly intact and no blackening on the glass, so I plugged in the tailcap charger to see if the bulb was really fried, :twothumbsthere was a faint glow from the bulb! All was OK:huh:

The light went off because the cell protection kicked in! I used the cells straight out of the box without charging them...:crackup:thus it drained out pretty quickly under load!:ohgeez:

After charging for about 5 hours, I took the light for a test drive against my G&P R500.

:eek: was my initial reaction when comparing the 2, for the first time, the M100X absolutely caned the R500 for output and throw!!!:naughty:

Could not believe it! When I first got my M100X and ran it on 4x Energizer CR123A, it was bright, but nowhere near the output of the R500, but with the 3xLRB150As, its like bolting on a supercharger, INSTANT GRUNT BABY!!!:devil:

I want to especially thank GlenC @ www.quarterflash.com.au for his exceptional customer service in Wolf-Eyes and LumensFactory products, everytime he has always delivered outstanding customer service far beyond my expectations!!!

Last edited: