ROP or G&P Scorpion?

skeetskeet

Newly Enlightened
Which one would be cheaper? Which one is brighter? Im just looking for a flashlight that I can play around with or use in the bump of the night.

jtice

Flashaholic
The ROP is probably the cheapest.
but, if you want to make it a bit more versatile,
you should take a look at the new switches AW just made,
they are 3 levels (1 full output, 2 lower levels vis PWM)
it also has a soft start, and Bi-Pin socket,
so you have more bulbs available to try out.

~John

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
Which one would be cheaper? Which one is brighter? Im just looking for a flashlight that I can play around with or use in the bump of the night.

if you want to "play" with your flashlight ROP is perfectbecouse you can start from ROP LOW and arrive to PHILIPS 5761 with the same battery set up

mdocod

Flashaholic
I'd go for the WF500 before the R500... mainly because you can avoid the propriatary charging setup and stick to standardized easy to replace cells and charger systems. As to whether or not to go ROP or WF500, I can't say, personal choice I suppose.

robm

Enlightened
The WF500 is midway between the ROP LO and HO for brightness, and cheaper for the whole light (assuming you already have 18500/18650 cells and charger) than the additional parts need for a ROP (bulbs, reflector, lens).

However once you have the WF500, that is it - with a ROP, as FILIPPO said, you then get to play the upgrade game :D, and really start spending :grin2: