up late experimenting

Led75

Newly Enlightened
i know some people have said that the gerber infinity was not bright enough but i think its not bad So i decided to try a lithium battery to see how much a difference it would make and wow its really bright i compared it to to my RR 0.5w aaa and it blew it away is this normal ?or is my rr a dud?? btw the RR has a lith aaa also

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
What voltage was the lithium battery? If it was 3 volts or so--then you are probably overdriving the Infinity and will damage the LED/electronics in short order.

Infinity's are not designed to be very bright lights. They are designed to run with 1.2-1.5 volt batteries.

-Bill

wintermute

Enlightened
He's probably talking about a primary lithium, which should be 1.7V (although there are some weird primaries out there which are 1.9V) - but the infinity can run on the primary lithiums fine. Anything more then that and you risk burning out the infinity for sure. I've kept primary lithiums in my CMG Infinity Ultra-G for years.

Led75

Newly Enlightened
i used the e2 energizer both the infinity and RR both are 1.5 volt

Led75

Newly Enlightened
Ok guys just tried the lithium in my other infinity and it was only slightly brigthter than with a regular alkaline.........So i think i just got lucky and got an exceptionally bright one when i bought them both........