Light for Police work?

Wraith

Newly Enlightened
Hye guys, seeing as EDCF is down this seems like the right place to ask this question.

I need a new torch. At the moment I have an UltraFire 6p Defender thing and a G&P Scorpian R500 thing. Both are great lights but the run time is limited on them. I would love to have some spare batterys for the R500 but can't seem to take the one in it out or find any anywhere.

What I'm looking for:
50+ Lumens,
Metal Construction,
Pocket Clip,
Holster Available,
Defender type head.

So am I asking for too much? Please bear in mind that I'm in the UK and whatever you pay in $ I'll end up paying the same price in £s.

Cheers,

Wraith

Size15's

Flashaholic
Please bear in mind that I'm in the UK and whatever you pay in $ I'll end up paying the same price in £s.
Cheers, Wraith
Welcome to CPF!
Whatever you decide to get there are two Dollars to the Pound at the moment so now is the time to buy from the USA.

Al :)

Mad1

Enlightened
I suppose you could pop a cree lamp into the 6PD that would give you more lumens and better runtime at the expense of color rendition.

Also welcome to CPF. :)

Last edited:

Bror Jace

Enlightened
Wraith, try searching this forum. This question comes up frequently and there are a couple lengthy threads that address this issue thoroughly.

Use keywords such as: "LEO," "enforcement," etc ...

TAC AIRLIFT

Newly Enlightened
Suggest you take a look at http://www.brite-strike.com

Brite-Strike Technologies was initiated by LEOs. They have designed their Blue-Dot series specifically for front line officers. The lights are currently in use with the USMC Embassy protection teams, selected units within the FBI, and LEOs.

Model number BS-BD-2C-3W-MH/HL.

The best price I have found is at http://www.eguns.com

I spoke with Todd Bailey their Tactical Armorer and he swears by them.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF! :party:

With the possible exception of using a holster with it, the Surefire E2d fits all of your requirements.

One light that comes close too is the Surefire L4. No strike-bezel, but what's on it can be pressed into service as such.

Since you'll be relying on your light to such a high degree, I can't recommend using one that incorporates a Cree. That technology is quite new, and the long-term reliability of it is still up in the air. With your circumstances, better to rely on proven technology than the "latest & greatest."