Beam shots during an AZ dust storm!

KingGlamis

Banned
We just got a major dust storm here in Mesa, AZ. Here are some beam shots during the dust storm (dust gives you a great idea of the beam shape).

My 4D LED Mag with Aspheric lens:

a1-9.jpg

a2-6.jpg

a3-3.jpg

And this is my cheapo 1.5 million candle power spot light:

a4-3.jpg

a5-3.jpg

Fun stuff. But it did make my beer taste a little like dirt. :D

Spin

Enlightened
Next time try one of those cheap red laser pointers....lot of fun.

Pokerstud

Enlightened
A fellow Mesan, excellent. That was quite a storm we had last night ( we get excited around here when we get adverse weather, because we usually don't get that much, but this is monsoon season ). I was busy checking outside the house for damage and debris ( didn't find any luckily ), decided to unleash my Mag 4D 500 lumen 4 x K2 LED beast ( needed a lot of punch to get through the dust ).

Shot me a PM when you get time.

TorchEnvy

Newly Enlightened
Beamshots, my **s! Those last two images clearly indicate some sort of alien abduction getting underway! :D

KingGlamis

Banned
Wow, two local CPF members, that's cool. We might get another good storm tonight according to the radio, but it doesn't look like much right now.

Pokerstud

Enlightened
Wow, two local CPF members, that's cool. We might get another good storm tonight according to the radio, but it doesn't look like much right now.

Yea, the weather forecast for the next six weeks will be:

flippin' hot!
humidity on the rise!
chance of a dust / thunderstorm (10-100%)

There are quite a few CPFr's in the area, unfortunately I haven't been able to go to a get together yet.

The new Bass Pro Shop at 101 and Dobson had a big table of 1.5M CP spot lights for sale for $8.88. I picked one up for the heck of it, and will see how that cuts through the dust.

ltiu

Flashlight Enthusiast
... may I suggest hiking at night up the Superstitions and bring your lights.

KingGlamis

Banned
Yea, the weather forecast for the next six

The new Bass Pro Shop at 101 and Dobson had a big table of 1.5M CP spot lights for sale for $8.88. I picked one up for the heck of it, and will see how that cuts through the dust.

That's the same light used in the last two pics of my first post in this thread. The wife bought it for me.

KingGlamis

Banned
No dust storm tonight, but we did have some hard rain. Here are some beam shots through the rain.

These first three are with my Mag 4D LED on spot focus.

a1-10.jpg

a2-7.jpg

a3-4.jpg

And these two are the same light on wide focus.

a4-4.jpg

a5-4.jpg

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the effects on falling water that my Jetbeam C-LE on low has. The slightly noticeable PWM seems to make each individual drop stand out. That wouldn't show up in photos though, AFAIK.

KingGlamis

Banned
I love the effects on falling water that my Jetbeam C-LE on low has. The slightly noticeable PWM seems to make each individual drop stand out. That wouldn't show up in photos though, AFAIK.

Well take some pics and see if it shows up. People often ask me how I get such cool photos... Well the answer is I take LOTS of photos. Some turn out great, most turn out average, some turn out lame. My camera can take over 300 pics on high-res, so I take advantage of that fact and shoot tons of pics.

RustyKnee

Enlightened
i might have a play with taking pics of falling items using my fenix lights in flash mode and a long exposure.

Cool pics by the way.

If it wasn't for diggy cameras I would bother mucking about...I don't have the patience.

My mate has just got an Olympus Mju 770 sw....its a compact....but waterproofto 10m....so more picture possibilties in the rain and wet.

Stu