The M6 arrived

SCOTT THE BADGER

Newly Enlightened
Thursday, a package arrived from Sableco, with my new M6 ( Pyrex lens, SureFire 123s ), and a Stinger XTHP. My word that M6 is a proper flashlight. Both lights definitely get the Scott the Badger Seal of Approval.

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Scott!

I live in the Racine area, and I saw the beam of your new M6 all the way down here.

It truly is a spectacular flashlight.

Enjoy...and best wishes to you.

grin.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
I want to compare my 8NX+KT5 to the HP.

What do you think of the HP?

Have you used that 1st set of SF123As with the MN21 yet?

Al
grin.gif

SCOTT THE BADGER

Newly Enlightened
Carpe Diem, what a splendid weekend we're having, don't you agree? How close do live to UW Parkside, owners of the best looking squad cars in the whole state? Black Vickies with Federal V-bar light bars, and Deer Smucker Bars on the front, they look like they should be driven by Darth Vader!

Size 15's, on my duty belt, I used to have a StingerXT, which I kept in an ASP collapsable baton carrier. It has since been replaced with an 8NX with X-80 lamp, ( I took the bezel off and looked, just to make sure). I have compared the Stinger XTHP to the 8NX, and at ranges of up to 100 feet, they are quite similar, with the HP having a brighter center spot, although that could just be a slight difference in bezel settings. I checked during the wee hours of this morning, when it was raining, and 44 degrees F outside, so I wasn't that interested in footling around outside for a long period of time.

The M6 is very impressive. It is by far and away the most powerful flashlight I have ever seen, and while I thought it would be used to hold the fort until I could get a NightHunter, ( Batchelors can afford nice toys, I mean can afford to purchase the best equipment for their Law Enforcement duties to the community), but I may just go with the M6. I keep a M4 in the squad for use in High Risk Vehicle Stops, and leave it in the squad, but the M6 will live in my patrol bag, and be Scott Use Only. I haven't used up a set of batteries yet, and will try to make them last a month or so, at $30.00 a set. Clearly, the M6 must just be the larval stage of the SpectraLab NightSun Helicopter spotlight. We'll have to see what the HellFire goes for before making the HellFire/NightHunter decision. ( The HellFire is the rechargeable Beast, isn't it?)

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Scott...

It`s been a while since I`ve been on the UW Parkside campus, but now I`ll certainly look for their squad cars.

I live in the country in the west end of Racine County, on a small horse ranch, and I have a law practice in Racine. (But please take heart...I don`t do any criminal defense work!)

Best wishes to a fellow cheesehead!

grin.gif

PS: My oldest son was just hired by the City of Atlanta Police Department, and is going through their 8 month training academy as we speak. What department are you with, and how long have you been in law enforcement?

Size15's

Flashaholic
The Hellfire is a rechargeable Beast.

Me thinks you don't buy your SF123As from the right place for $30 for 6?

The TurboHead version of the 8NX/8AX/8X is what I want to compare to the turbo version of the XP.

Al

George Orl

Newly Enlightened
Scott: Had my M6 for a couple of months or so got from Sableco as well. Lense cover and BlackHawk case I also got. This light is truely amazing and I take great pride in carrying it. Surefire batteries are somewhat better / last a little longer but lots more expensive than say Sanyo 123s at $1.83 ea. in bulk. I buy 30 or more at a time. Find a really dark large area and use your 500lumens to light things up!
grin.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SCOTT THE BADGER:
!
I haven't used up a set of batteries yet, and will try to make them last a month or so, at $30.00 a set.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Scott,

Why are you paying $5.00 per 123? You're cheating yourself, affluent bachelor or not.

CHEAPER SUREFIRE 123's

You can also get them for a similar price at Arizona Gun Runners and Texas Tactical.

Enjoy,

Brightnorm

SCOTT THE BADGER

Newly Enlightened
George, and Brightnorm, I'll have to try both. Around here, Batteries Plus, WalMart, Radio Shack, and KMart all run around $5.00 each. George, where do you get the Sanyos?

beam_me_up

Enlightened
Scott, you can get sanyos @ $2.25/EACH with FREE shipping at www.spysupply007.com they come in packs of two for $5.50 each (yes I know that math doesn't add up) .... but if you buy just 3 packs (or more) you get a discount to $4.50/2pack hence $2.25 each with free shipping
smile.gif
You can also find some good deals on ebay from time to time....there is an auction on there now for sanyos at $1.49 each....but you might get nabbed on shipping charges.

-Matt

Empath

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by brightnorm:
Here's a source for $1.50 Sanyos. I have never ordered from them so I can't vouch for them, but at that price I thought you might want to have a look

$1.50 SANYOS
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Their homepage does say "No Retail Sales"

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
I know that some of you will get hyper over this, but I just bought (among other things) 20 Toshiba 123's for $25.00 from (gasp) Botech!
grin.gif

beam_me_up

Enlightened
Roy, did you get them yet? Were they in packaging? I hope you can use them all within a few weeks cause thats most likely when they expire

brightnorm

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Empath:
Their homepage does say "No Retail Sales"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Empath,

DARN!!! I didn't notice that! Thanks for reminding me that if it looks too good to be true it usually is.

I just deleted it so as not to lead any fellow Flashaholics astray.

Brightnorm

brightnorm

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Roy:
I know that some of you will get hyper over this, but I just bought (among other things) 20 Toshiba 123's for $25.00 from (gasp) Botech!
grin.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Roy,

I did the same thing but paid $29.00, still very cheap.

There's no date, but they all tested out at 3.26v so they most likely are comfortably post dated. They came in a compartmented plastic try that is perfect for storing up to 40 123's. Based on my use I'd rate them approximately equal to Sanyos, though it would be useful if someone tested them formally.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
zerox,

Yes, I received them in a sealed container along with the Scorpion that I ordered. The web site said the date was current and I have no way to dispute that statement as the writing on the batteries is in Japanese! I received them in 5 days of placing the order which is what I paid for (UPS Ground). $25.00 is what came up when I made the selection. With all the lights I now have I don't think the battreries whill be around all that long!
grin.gif

Actually I got 22 for $25.00...They sent two for the flashlight!

brightnorm

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by zerox:
Surefire m6, show me 123's on ebay for $1 each without having to buy like 400 at a time.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

zerox,

I got some Duracell 123's on Ebay, but they tested out 3.15v which means that they are closer to their postdate than I like.

If supposedly "new" undated 123's test at less than 3.25v I will not buy from that source again.

Brightnorm