Which one will u pick?

SaVaGe

Enlightened
I know that they are 2 totally different animals. but im ready to buy.
FOXFURY MF 1000 LUMENS CREE OR XERAY 50W HID? They are almost the same in price. The Xeray 50w HID produces over 5000 Lumens! very bright and has a good spot. All reviews that i have read are all positive. It also comes with a nice carrying case and it is rechargable! on the other hand, the FoxFury has 9 Cree LED which produces 1000 Lumens and it is very Bright. not as bright as the HID but in normal to even extreme use it is bright enough. As for the life span of the above mentioned lights, i personally think that the FoxFury will outlast the Xeray (pls. correct me if im wrong with my assumption)the only thing that i dont like about the Fox is it uses 12 or 15 CR123. Other than that, it is quite durable (according to what i have been reading.)

Also, how do you compare the Stunner vs. FoxFury? $400 price difference.
1 more thing, when i went to lighthound's web, the picture shows 9 LED but when i click on the picture, the beamshot's vs M6 only has 3 LED.

pls. give me your thought and inputs.
Thanks

Patriot

Flashaholic
As you've stated, they are completely different animals. You'd have to list your applications.

In general the Xeray is more specific and specialized suitable for long range illumination. If you intend to use the light beyond a 100 yards the HID would be best. For most purposses under 100 yards the LED will be best for general purpose lighting or tactical situations..(of coarse)

FoxFury

Newly Enlightened
Hi SaVaGe

I just wanted to help clarify the Lighthound picture of our MF light. The MF used there was our MF 1000 Tac-Fire OSRAM flashlight--it uses 3 OSRAM OSTAR LEDs and has a beam angle of roughly 18 degrees. The MF 1000 Tac-Fire CREE uses 9 XR-E LEDs and has a much more focused beam--8 degrees. The CREE version is 1,130 lumens while the OSRAM is 1,000 lumens.

Hope that helps you out.

redsun

Newly Enlightened
Hi SaVaGe

Wow, I want that on my bike!!!

The LED lights are more forgiving to shock, frequent on-off cycles, and variable power... Plus they probably won't leave you in sudden darkness when the bulb blows... Actually, what IS the failure mode of an HID capsule?

-redsun